I am looking to buy on land contract in the Appleton area. Is there any suggestions on how I can find homes that are being sold in this way?

Asked by Appletonlarson, 54911 Sat Feb 6, 2010

Answers

8
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Jul 20, 2013
50% of the land contract finished very bad...
Nan Brennan, Agent, Appleton, WI
Wed Nov 2, 2011
If you would contact me I know of a couple of sellers that are willling but I need to know what kind of home, price range and area your looking in. Also, what kind of down payment are you willing to put down?
Nan Brennan
920-427-0414
nbrennan@new.rr.com
Web Reference:  http://www.nan-brennan.com
Good morning.Nan Brennan
this is Singh, i m going to new Indian Restaurant W collage Ave 3025
so im looking 3 -4 bedroom and 2 Bath full Basement Attach Grage for 2 cars.big yard. far kids play
in nice neighborhood , around Appleton 1 mile to 5-7-10 mile
on land Contract or 0% Down Payment
2- i hv good Job As Main Chef
i hv only Tax ID.(No SSN)
Photo ID Valid Indian Passport (USA Visa)
if i qualified then plz send me email
Regards
P.Singh
Flag Fri Jan 9, 2015
Jen Dittmann, Agent, Green Bay, WI
Wed Nov 2, 2011
I think your best bet is to call around to some of the agencies in the area and ask them to put out an email to their agents asking if any of their sellers are interested in doing a land contract. Each agent will know their own sellers and if its possible can ask to consider it....some sellers might be willing to do but haven't listed it that way.

And just out of curiosity, did you find one yet? I know you said in the Appleton area, however I have a seller willing to do it in the Fond du Lac area.
Bob Edwards, Agent, Appleton, WI
Sun Feb 7, 2010
First I would ask why you are considering a land contract? There are sellers out there who are willing to sell their home on a land contract. I must caution you to be careful and do your homework. As of late, you will see many offering "Rent to Own", a similar concept to the land contract although structured differently. What I encourage you to do is call, text or email me today so we can sit down and discuss your needs and goals (at no cost or obligation of course).

Best Wishes-

Bob Edwards
Coldwell Banker- The Real Estate Group
(920) 202-2431 Cell/Text
bedwards@coldwellhomes.com
Eric & Miche…, , Appleton, WI
Sat Feb 6, 2010
Bottom line as well----you must have some "skin in the game" for any seller to work with a Land Contract. You will need equally what a bank would require for down payment monies or even more to provide assurances to the Seller that you are not going to walk away, or as previously stated not be a glorified tenant. Go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com for a look at your credit history (without the scores) to see what must be done to bring yourself to an level acceptable for a reputable bank to provide financing.
Donna Panico, Agent, Janesville, WI
Sat Feb 6, 2010
The Realtors who have answered this before me have given you some great advice. I'd like to add that you should have an attorney reviewing your contract. Depending on how the contract for purchase is drawn up, most buyers are nothing more than glorified tenants in a property until the deed is recorded in their name. Most sellers will require several thousand dollars to enter into a land contract with you, and will expect you to qualify for a mortgage within a certain specified window of time. You will be responsible for all maintenance and repairs, as well as taxes, in addition to your monthly payment to the seller. Until you qualify for a mortgage, many sellers do not record that deed in your name. This is often done because they can't truly sell the property to you unless it's owned free and clear by them. In other words, a property with a mortgage on it cannot be sold to you until the seller's mortgage is paid off. There are lots of horror stories out there now where people who thought they bought a home on land contract come to find the home is being foreclosed on because the seller did not continue to make the mortgage payments. You could be out your deposit, all of your monthly payments and any other money you put into the home.
Web Reference:  http://www.scwihomes.com
Nan Brennan, Agent, Appleton, WI
Sat Feb 6, 2010
I agree with everything Polly stated but I would check Craigs list first as there are many homes available on a land contract. There are also realtors that are aware of sellers that would be willing to sell their home on a land contract. However, with zero down financing available and the great tax credits available I have to ask why you would want to do a land contract? If I can help you in any way feel free to contact me.

Nan Brennan
Century 21 First Realty
Appleton
920-427-0414
Polly Briley, , 28607
Sat Feb 6, 2010

In our mls there is a box where an agent can indicate whether the seller is willing to finance the sale of their home. Contact a realtor to provide you with a list of those homes that match your needs.

Also, check out ads in the newspaper, Craigslist, FSBO and other sites. Sellers who are offering this option will certainly include it in their ads.

Some sellers are willing to do it, but don't want to make it a first option. If you like a house, ask your agent to inquire on the possibility for that house.

Good Luck,

Polly Briley
RE/MAX On The Water
920-203-1155
polly@pollybriley.com