I am looking to buy a 2 story, 4 unit apartment building for daycare use.

Asked by Lordora, Chgo, IL Tue Dec 7, 2010

I found a strip mall on 127th & Ashland. but the city ordinance does not allow day care on a busy street. Looking for strip mall or apt building.

Answers

5
Naaman G. La…, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Good Afternoon,
The relevant issues are Zoning, Parking, Business License, food service, number and age of the children to be served. In the City of Chicago you are restricted to ground floor levels in most cases. It is easier to get a permit if the building is masonry and properly separated with fire walls. I have worked thru several daycare center projects and helped obtain building permits for some very challenging projects. Please contact me with any questions you may have.
Naaman G. Landers III (Licensed Architect)
3 Stop Shop-P.C.
3stopshop@gmail.com
Have a great day and good luck!
Jose Hernand…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 4, 2011
The busy street should have nothing to do, it's the zoning that matters.

Jose Hernandez
773-490-9791
Alphonso Joh…, , Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Hi Landora, I can provide you with valuable information to assist with your situation and possibly save you money. I also can help you find your ideal property. I have helped clients find a location to open up their business for the first time and relocate existing businesses .
Contact me:

Alphonso "AJ" Johnson,
Century 21 Kennedy, Ryan, Monigal and Assoc., Inc.
ajohnson@century21krm.com
Cell: (312)572-9573
Terry Perdue, , Chicago, IL
Wed Dec 8, 2010

Feel free to contact me. I will see if I can be of assistance to you.

Terry
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Dec 7, 2010
Lordora,
Look through the "Find a Pro" section here on Trulia for Chicago. Find someone with some Commercial experience, read their blogs and answers to questions to get a sense of who they are. Any Real Estate Pro can assist you with your request, but if you are looking at Strip Malls, find someone with commercial experience.
If you want a referral, let me know I may be able to help. I wish you the best of luck finding the right place.