I am looking to buy a 1 or 2 bedroom condo/apartment in Orlando in a decent/safe area but keep reading conflicting opinions on where is

Asked by Val McGowan, Orlando, FL Mon Apr 16, 2012

safe/not safe etc. It will be a cash sale and i have around $70000. I would appreciate any advice.

Answers

13
Sylvia Paul, Agent, Apopka, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Hi Val, perhaps the reason you are getting so many conflicting opinions is because there are just so many nice areas and communities to choose from. Orlando is beautiful and one of the most difficult decisions people from out of town have to make when relocating here is where to live. Whether east, west, north or south, there are communities to love. Perhaps if I knew a bit more about your purchase motivations, eg are you buying to occupy or to rent? If income property, are your looking for long term or short term rental property? If owner occupied, will you be commuting for work or business? What lifestyle are you most interested in? As your real estate consultant, these are some of the questions I would ask to help determine what area would be best suited
to your needs. If you would like me to assist you with your purchase feel free to contact me for an initial consultation. I can be reached at 407-864-3139, or by email to: sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com, and I would love to hear from you.

Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
Orlando, Florida
Thanks for your reply. I am looking to buy for investment purposes (I live in Scotland) and would like to rent it out but don't know if it is best to go for short or long term let but whichever i would prefer a gated community. I am going to Orlando next week and will be there from 22nd April to 6th May and am trying to organise some viewings while i am there.

Regards
Val Mcgowan
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Apr 21, 2012
I have purchased 6 condos this year in, what I think , is a good palce to buy. I have put my money where my mouth is. If you would like know where that is then I can help you
Tim Van Antw…, , 32792
Sat Apr 21, 2012
Feel free to use my site as a complete home search resource! Check out http://www.myorlandorealty.com

No Obligation or Pressure - We Are Here if You Need Us!
If you choose: Get Notification of New Listings and Price Reductions
Easy-to-Find Section for Foreclosures, Bank-Owned Properties and Short Sales
Just select your choices in the Central Florida MLS Home Search at the top left of our website and hit the match’s button.
Simple Connections to a Local Lender to get pre approved and check current rates
Admission to Our Private E-Mail List for Special Deals and Market Assessment Reports

Tim Van Antwerp Infinity Real Estate Group 407 758 8529
Chris Godkin, Agent, Celebration, FL
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Val
Are you looking for a property as a primary residence for yourself, a second/vacation home or simply an investment/rental property?
So much will depend upon your intended use as all properties are 'zoned' for specific use and before I or anyone can provide you with answers to your question(s) I'd need to know this along with some other basic criteria i.e. your wish list!
Feel free to contact me directly at your convenience and I'll be happy to discuss and assist you.
Chris
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Please get in touch with me and I will give you the name of one of my buyers who lives in Scotland. She will tell you how I can help you.

alan@frontlinefloridarealty.com

There is much for you to learn as a foreign investor. YOu will need to know about local , state and federal tax reporting, Local Licensing laws. There is just so much to know that you will need and expert to help you.

Bye fornow

Alan

http://www.frontlinefloridarealty.com
Alys Esmond, , Orlando, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Val,

Very few condo complexes here are zoned for short-term rental. The majority of those which are so zoned are above your target price range and the one or two that are in your range are likely not to appeal to short-term tenants. Add this to the fact that any lease for a term less than 7 months is subject to the State's Hotel Tax (extra paperwork for collecting and submitting) and most folks prefer to stay with long-term tenants.
I'd be happy to help you with your search. There are some very interesting listings that would suit your needs wonderfully. Feel free to view some preliminary selections here:

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1017694…

Alys Esmond
Century 21 Professional Group, Inc.
321-695-5593
Sylvia Paul, Agent, Apopka, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Hi again Val, what you want to do is select an agent that you feel can best assist you with your
purchase and then stick with them. Of course, I would love to be that person! Here in Orlando we all have access to the same properties and can show and sell you any of the over 8,000 listings available in the MLS today. Its 'one stop shopping' for all of your real estate needs. Please remember to walk with your Proof of funds (preferably in US$, in a US bank) as no offer can be
submitted without it. There are plenty of management rental companies here but for obsentee
owners like yourself I would suggest long term rental because accounting is so much easier.
Here if your need me.
Sylvia Paul
407-864-3139
sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com
Val McGowan, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Thanks for all your replies. I am looking to buy for investment purposes( I live in Scotland) and would like to be able to rent it out but don't know whether to go for short term or long term let but whichever i would prefer a gated community. I have looked at Metro west, Winter Park etc but am not set on a certain area, would just like somewhere that i could keep for a few years and then sell on. I am going to Florida next week and will be there from 22nd April to 6th May and would really like to view some areas/properties.

Regards
Val Mcgowan
Mike Sperling, Agent, Winter Park, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Do you have a specific area in Orlando that you are concentrating your efforts or are you able to be flexible? You can visit my site: http://www.MikeSellsOrlandoProperty.com and perform your own search or let me know what your desires are and I can help you determine what you are looking for.
Mike
407-463-5348
Raquel Berdi…, Agent, Oviedo, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Good afternoon Val,

There are plenty of safe and attractive areas in Orlando. Like all big towns it has everything. I would suggest you investigate Lake Nona, a couple of areas areas around Downtown Disney and Oviedo. They are at three different parts of Orlando, but they all have very attractive and safe communities where you can find what you are looking for at the price you want to pay.
If I can be of further service, please call me or send me an email.
raquel@orlandorealtyqueen.com
407-4530292
You will be pleased with our wonderful town!
Daniel Barto, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Not sure what area you want. I think winter garden is nice. There is a community there where I have sold and manage 5 properties called southern pines. It is in your price range and the HOA screens every renter and owner with an application process that does a background check. It is gated and our tenants really like it, no complaints over the past 4 years. Also, across the street is Daniels landing. That is very nice townhome style, gated, but a little above your price range- sales in the 90-100s. These communities have proven themselves to me over the past few years that is why I suggest them. If you need some help, send me an email. I would be happy to talk about your specific situation. Best of luck finding a great place! You will find it! Regards, Danny
Carol Bauza, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Hi Val,
Thanks for turning to Trulia for your Real Estate questions!
Marcus is right! MetroWest has some great condos for $70K and yes, you will get conflisting views.
I have had good luck finding my clients condos to rent and to own in the Metro West area.
Let me know if you nedd help.
You can email me at: carol@carolshome.com

Thanks and good luck!

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Condo Metrop…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Check out our specialist condo site using the link below... I like MetroWest although I'm sure that's one of the places you're getting conflicting views on. I happen to live there myself and like it very much and can help you find something in that price range that you'll be very happy with!
Best
Marcus Burke.
47-290-3408.