I am looking to buy a house in Charlotte. However I need some advice figuring out which area should I focus

Asked by Househunter, Charlotte, NC Mon May 11, 2009

on? I work in downtown, so I would need a location within a 10-mile radius of downtown charlotte. Also, I would like to be in a very green neighborhood, with a lot of walking trails and maybe a lake closeby. How would lake wylie or mT Island areas do? I considered lake norman too, but that would move me far from downtown. Could you please suggest some areas so I can naroow my search. Thanks so much!!!

Answers

4
Hilary Broad…, , Mooresville, NC
Mon May 18, 2009
To answer your question properly, I would need a little more information. Is there anything else you wish to be near? What other criteria do you have? Do you have a price point in mind? How do you see yourself using the lake access? Whether you ski, sail, or kayak or all three may make one area better for you than another. Are schools important to you? Different answers to all those questions will create different answers. Mt. Island Lake offers great opportunity and close proximity to Charlotte. Lake Norman will be better for sailing, even offering a new sailing and rowing center. I would be happy to help you work through these and the many other questions I am sure you have. My direct email is hilary.broadway@allentate.com and my number is 704-996-6000. As a fourteen year veteren in the local real estate market and a lifetime resident, I can help you narrow the search pretty quickly.
Rose Cramer, Agent, Denver, NC
Mon May 11, 2009
If you want Lake Acces and good commute to Charlotte.. The west side of Lake Norman may work for you. Close to Rt 16 with a new 4 lane being built. This would keep you off the I77 from the East side. I would love to help you find a home. I live at Lake Norman on the Denver, NC side and love it here. Schools are very good and quality of living. Are schools important.. to you. If you can forward some other requirements such as where you will be working, life style, Size of home and price point , I can forward you more specfic informatin. Please visit me on my website at http://www.carolina-real-estate.com
Andy Yates, , 28207
Mon May 11, 2009
Depending on your price range, neighborhoods close to downtown I would consider would be Myers Park, Dilworth, Plaza/Midwood, and Elizabeth All of these neighborhoods are very walkable neighborhoods (tree-lined streets with sidewalks and restaurants, nightlife,etc. that you can walk too) and are also what I would consider to be green neighborhoods. The Little Sugar Creek Greenway (a beautiful walking trail) and Freedom Park are located within the Dilworth and Myers Park neighborhoods. You also have the Independence Park in Elizabeth, Midwood Park in Plaza-Midwood, and the Chantilly Park in Chantilly. Each of these parks have walking paths or trails. The Mt. Island Lake area and the Lake Wylie area are both great areas, however the drivetime from these areas to downtown is at least as much as the drive-time from Lake Norman to downtown. If you have any other questions or if I can be of any assistance to you in your home seach just shoot me an email or give me a call. Thanks!

Andy

Andy Yates
Broker/Realtor
Helen Adams Realty
(704) 467-0795
ayates@helenadamsrealty.com
http://www.helenadamsrealty.com
Daniele Summ…, , Charlotte, NC
Mon May 11, 2009
Good Afternoon. There are several great communities with various price ranges within your 10 mile requirement and the areas you mention are just beautiful! From Uptown (downtown), lake Norman would be a little farther than Lake Wylie and I would take into consideration commute times from both areas.

If you would like to chat a little more about narrowing your search, please feel free to e-mail me. I have worked with buyers from Trulia before with great success.

Daniele E. Summerfield
Wilkinson & Associates