I am looking to buy a house and the listing I am interested in says Agent Notice BAC at the bottom of the

Asked by Tonya, Utah Sun Oct 21, 2007

page. Can anyone tell me exactly what this means? I'm assuming it has something to do with the buyer's agent commission, but not sure what.

Answers

5
Salt Lake Ag…, , Salt Lake City, UT
Mon May 26, 2008
Actually the BAC is what the listing broker is offering the Buyer's Broker not what the seller is offering.

The seller and the listing broker have an agreement that the seller will pay the listing broker an agreed amount and then the listing broker has agreed to pay the buyer’s broker as per the agreement of the MLS.

There is a misnomer that there are two commissions one for the listing agent and one for the buyer’s agent. To reiterate there is one commission paid from the seller.

The amount that is paid between the brokers is a separate agreement.
Salt Lake Ag…, , Salt Lake City, UT
Mon Oct 22, 2007
You are correct on the BAC. Usually when the remarks state "Agent Notice BAC at the bottom of the..." They are offering more than what others may be offering. The total commission (meaning what the listing agent and seller negotiated) is not part of the MLS offering but the BAC is.

The theory is if you offer an agent more then it will be shown more. Which IMO cannot hurt to get a home shown. However I do not think it will sell an overpriced home.

BUT, it does indicate that they are pretty serious about selling the home.

Good Luck
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Oct 21, 2007
Yes, BAC refers to Buyer Agent Commission.
James Graham, Agent, Midvale, UT
Mon May 26, 2008
Keep in mind the discount companies that offer less than a 3% BAC. Their homes probably aren't getting showings (Buyers Approved Commission)
Kaleb Kunz, , 84321
Thu May 22, 2008
The bac is what the sellers are offering a buyer's agent if they sell the home....most of the time they are pretty serious in getting the home sold.
Web Reference:  http://www.kalebkunz.com