I am looking to buy a home in Pearland (stonebridge sub) and I am trying to come up with a budget figure for

Asked by Ron, Houston, TX Fri Dec 7, 2007

home insurance. I want to get home insurance (fire, wind, hail, and flood insurance). The houses I am looking at will cost about $320k. It is a new construction home. How much am I going to pay yearly for this insurance coverage. I have tried asking around to various insurance agents, but all of them give me the run around or wait until the house is built, then call me for a quote line. Need your help in getting a rough estimate. Right now, I am budgeting about 2400 dollars per year for all insurance coverages.

Thanks, Ron

Answers

3
Johnna Johns…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Depending on the area in Pearland can determine the amount of insurance rates. Although, the average amount of yearly insurance is 2500 to 3000. Windstorm is usually the increas in cost... Call me today...
Retta Absher, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Dec 11, 2007
Hello
John LeBlanc with Farmers gave an update at todays meeting regarding a rate increase in Feb. 2008
Thomas Johns…, , Houston, TX
Sat Dec 8, 2007
Ron: Consult with your Realtor, who has a connection with severeal insurance agents in the area. The insurance market is in flux right now and it is difficult to say what the pricing will be when the house is ready. Your builder could also give you an idea what the pricing has been recently for the homes they have closed recently.
Web Reference:  http://www.ERAPearland.com