I am looking to buy a foreclosure or Bank owned house in Glendale, CA. Any REA can do this process?

Asked by Lola, Glendale, CA Sun Dec 14, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rowena Emmett, Agent, La Canada, CA
Sun Dec 14, 2008
The short answer is "yes", any real estate agent can assist you.

The long answer is to find an agent who works for you. You may want to talk with several agents, and decide which agent you feel most comfortable working with (an interview process).

Your real estate agent should make you feel comfortable as a buyer that you have the knowledge to make an informed purchase. The agent should have area knowledge, experience, be a skilled negotiator, and be honest and ethical.

Quite frankly, while you say you want to buy a foreclosure or bank owned property in Glendale, yet there may be other homes out that that may be better for you to buy. Home prices have come down, plus most sellers realize the value in a good, qualified buyer who can close escrow and allow the seller to move on with their plans (translating to a good price for a buyer).

The moral of this story is that we suggest you not select your agent because they can show and sell you a bank owned or foreclosure property.
Web Reference:  http://www.franandrowena.com
2 votes
Sue Eller, Agent, Bainbridge Island, WA
Sun Dec 28, 2008
Hi Lola,
Thanks for your question. I can concur with Fran and Rowena's advice plus add a bit more. Sometimes a better value can be found with a home that is not a bank owned or REO. There are many homes that are non-distressed sales that are languishing due to the current real estate climate of fear and difficulties qualifying for a loan. I encourage you to reach out to an agent who has your best interests at heart and can steward you through the confusing process. I encourage you to read my client testimonials on my website, found below.
1 vote
Tony Abad, Agent, El Cajon, CA
Sun Dec 14, 2008

Fran and Rowena are right. Nothing more to add on this one. They said it well.

1 vote
Steve, Both Buyer And Seller, Topeka, KS
Sun May 20, 2012
im looking to buy a short sale on this house i been looking at and forclosureing on
0 votes
Kourosh Kian…, , Encino, CA
Thu Mar 5, 2009
i can defently help you.
please visit my web site at http://www.toprealproperties.com
all my info is there . you can call as well or email me.
0 votes
Monique & Joe…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Dec 14, 2008
Hello Lola,

Not just any agent can do the process (anyone with a liscense). It's best to go with an agent that has experience. There are properties in foreclosure (short sales) and also REO (bank owned properties). You want to make sure you choose someone that can present the best offer (when it's a good deal or know when to offer less when it's priced a little high) and also prepare a strong offer.

if you need any assistance, I'm always there to help.


Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams Wilshire
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more