Home Buying in Hackensack>Question Details

Looking, Home Buyer in Hackensack, NJ

I am looking to buy a co-op on Prospect Ave, Hackensack NJ. Monthly maintenance fee will be a major factor in decision. Is there a list out there?

Asked by Looking, Hackensack, NJ Mon Jan 7, 2013

Looking for list of 1-2 bedroom maintenance fees of co-ops on Prospect Ave. By the way, what is the usual increase every year? Is there a cap on maintenance fee?

Answers

3
Hello:

One of the areas in which I specialize are condos and co-ops., and I am very familiar with the Hackensack market but could help you with buildings elsewhere. You should take into consideration that monthly maintenance often includes utilities, taxes, underlying mortgage, amenities of the building, and has a percentage of tax deduction. If you need some additional help, please contact me at any time. Thanks.

Harriet Lewis-Trulia Top Recommended Agent
(201)707-5640(Cell)
Travis is right...each building has a different set of finances based on underlying mortgage, improvements, age of building, and how well the co-op board works with the management company. Remember that between 40-50% of the fee is your property taxes, which are deductible on your Federal income taxes each year, so this is not just money throuwn out the window like rent. Work with your realtor and mortgage loan officer on what your monthly payments will actually mean for your budget.

If you aren't working with one right now, feel free to give me a call, my team and I can help you find just what you are looking for!

Barbara Ostroth
Coldwel Banker Residential RE
201-262-6600 offfice
http://www.BarbaraOstroth.com
Maintenance fees vary building to building. The higher the fee, the more usually comes with the property. Increases really depend on how good the reserves are in the building. Complexes where you see constant increases is usually a sign where finances aren't fantastic. Cap on maintenance fees? I don't believe so.

Here's the list of all the coops available on Prospect Ave in Hackensack. http://goo.gl/Rg8Mg
Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Travis Waller, CRS
Friedberg Properties
TravisCWaller@gmail.com
2017556517 Cell