smithdeena, Home Owner in Oldsmar, FL

I am looking to buy a GOOD and reliable chlordane home test kit. I have a block wall basement with termite treatment-drill holes in the floor.

Asked by smithdeena, Oldsmar, FL Thu Feb 7, 2013

The house was built in 1956 and there is termite damage and there is drilled holes in the floor-I just don't know how long ago it was treated and if there is a possibility of chlordane still present. An air test is what I am looking for. Also, should I seal the holes? I found there after taking down the old fake paneling.

Contact Dr. Richard A Cassidy (Toxicologist) website http://www.toxfree.net.
He has been providing chlordane testing for 18 years. You can take your air sample saving hundreds of $.
Chlordane is perfectly safe when used correctly. And it lasts for 75 years. This is why the pest control companies lobbied Congress to get Chlordane banned. Because why should someone use a product that works, when they can just pay Terminex $3,500 every year to keep termites under control. That is the key word they use - "control". Chlordane eliminates them permanently instead.

when you hear a tree hugger liberal ignoramus? Just ignore them. They believe the "government" does everything and anything to protect us feeble People from danger. Boo hoo hoo! Nothing can be further from the truth.

If the government REALLY cared about human life? It would regulate or ban abortion clinics, let the traditional Family take care of children, and ban so-called "smart" cars and any car weighing less than 2800 lbs. for true safety of life.

DDT was also a miracle insecticide, and the research done by another stupid woman was flawed severely. DDT is not dangerous at all. Used properly, it is perfectly safe. You can die from drinking too much water also. Anyway, millions of people around the world have died due to the banning of DDT. Malaria is the disease. DDT killed the mosquito spreading Malaria. But some liberal elitist said NO to DDT.

So look at the EPA like a Russian iron fist and those liberal politicians who produce these big nanny government blowhards. Because liberals are nothing but thumb-sucking mommas boys and girls in reality. Afraid of their own shadows.
Hi there,

I hope by now you have gotten appropriate answers to you question. I would have suggested that you find a good home inspector or termite inspector to help you. I see you are in Florida so I am not sure why your question is showing up in Garnerville, in Rockland County, NY but I would love to know how you solved your problem. I am a newly active Trulia agent, so I am sorry I got to you so late on this.

Take care,
Ellen Kippel
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NY and NJ
Weichert Realtors
Mutli-Million Dollar Producer
Email: eskippel@aol.com
Website : http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Website: http://www.ellensellsrealestate.com
CHLORDANE’S EFFECT ON HUMANS. Many studies were made of chlordane’s effect on humans. The WHO (World Health Organization) reports about a study in 1981 in which mortality of 782 workers who manufactured chlordane and heptachlor for up to 20 years showed no increase in cancer in comparison to normal death figures. In another study by Wang and MacMahon in1980, all cancer deaths were lower than expected. In a follow-up study in 1982, the two Harvard researchers looked again at the mortality rates of termite control technicians and found there was no increase of cancer cases.
Western Pennsylvania Pest Control Association and as a formulator, I was concerned about the safety to PCOs. A Pittsburgh physician, Dr. Cyril Wecht consented to give annual physicals to employees of WPPCA members. The service technicians used chlordane carelessly. They had it on their hands, clothes, and breathed it in crawlspaces. Dr. Wecht found no effect on the liver or other vitakl organs after years of exams.
Flag Tue Jun 2, 2015