Goldenyears, Home Buyer in Sedona, AZ

I am looking to buy- Are vacation rentals (less than 30 day rentals) allowed in the Chapel area- Coconino County?

Asked by Goldenyears, Sedona, AZ Sat Feb 25, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Fay Kelley, , 86336
Tue Oct 9, 2012
All of Sedona and Yavapai county is zoned for one-month minimum rental, which means that a new person cannot move into the property in less than 30 days. However you can rent the property for 2 weeks and then let it be vacant the remainder of the 30 days.

Canyon Mesa Golf Resort just south of Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek allows for 2 week rentals. They are very nice patio homes (connection on one wall) and have golf, tennis and pool facilities there. Gate closes at dark.
0 votes
Sorry, but Yavapai County does not allow any rentals that are less than 30 days. people have paid heavy fines and have even spent time in jail for rentals under 30 days. I don't think Canyon Mesa superseded Yavapai County. You may want to contact the Land Use/ Planning department .
Flag Thu Sep 11, 2014
Beth Larsen, Agent, Sedona, AZ
Sat Feb 25, 2012
Hello Goldenyears,

That's a good question. There is a 30 day minimum restriction in residential zoning not only in Sedona (regardless of County) but also in Yavapai County as a whole. You would have to find a property that was in use as a short-term vacation rental prior to the 30-day minimum rental restriction rule being put into place, and the owner would have had to apply for grandfathering based on that. I know of some such properties in the greater Sedona area, but haven't found any in the Chapel specifically.

If you'd like to know about properties that do qualify for vacation rentals, you are welcome to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Beth Larsen
RE/MAX Sedona 928-284-2501
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Sedona Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more