I am looking for true opinion on real estate in Plainfield,IL. Also how good is John McNaughton as a builder?

Asked by Potential Home Buyer, Illinois Mon Apr 27, 2009

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

3
Maribeth Cos…, , Plainfield, IL
Tue May 5, 2009
Another consideration in your choice of realtors is that you choose one that is Full Time. If you do not have someone who is available 24/7, you will be missing out on some of the best deals. As a Plainfield resident and full time agent, I spend all of my time focusing my business on my clients. I review the Plainfield market on a daily basis, sending out the best properties to my buyers, which I can easily determine from my extensive knowledge. McNaugton Builders started a subdivision off of Rt. 30 and Van Dyke and after a few homes were built, pulled out. I have seen no progress there in the past year. Feel free to call me direct at 630-624-2014 if you'd like the assistance of a full time agent with extensive knowledge of Plainfield. You can also visit my website at http://www.mcostello.illinoisproperty.com.
Maribeth Costello
RE/MAX Professionals
Plainfield, IL
630-624-2014
Larry Ulfig, , Plainfield, IL
Mon Apr 27, 2009
Dear Home Buyer,
To honestly answer your question as to Plainfield real estate I must ask what specifically are you asking?
I can tell you that in the past 6 months there have been 325 closings in Plainfield ranging from $80K to over $600K. This speaks for a very active market to which Plainfield has been over the last decade or so.
As to your builder question I am not familar with John McNaughton or any homes being built in Plainfield by him but as with any builder I sugest you contact the better business bureau and do your homework. I also strongly suggest you use a realtor to help assist with your negotiation with the builder, remembering that the builder is going to do what is in their best interest while a realtor will be looking out for your interest. Also they might be able to provide some additional inisight and suggestions that might not otherwise present themselves.
Colleen Dahl…, , New Lenox, IL
Mon Apr 27, 2009
To me, a McNaughton built home is a sign of quality. Their homes are quite stunning. Have you built a home before?