Home Buying in Pennsylvania>Question Details

Alex, Home Buyer in Ardmore, PA

I am looking for homes on my own, but once I find one I would want to hire a real estate agent to help with the sale. Can I do this?

Asked by Alex, Ardmore, PA Thu Aug 8, 2013

Will my seller not receive commission if I do this?

Answers

5
You absolutely can, but I would suggest that it would be more efficient to use your time now to interview potential buyer brokers, and when you've found one that you like then have them search for you. The seller doesn't receive commission they pay the commission and generally speaking you'[re having a buyer broker who will represent you the way a listing agent represents the seller won't cost you a thing and if you've selected a buyer broker wisely they'll actually save you money and time.

I've attached a link below that you'll find useful, it explains in great detail exactly what you should be looking for as you interview perspective buyer brokers.

I wish you the best of luck and happy house hunting.
You can do this but I would hire a Realtor first. A professional will be able to give you insight on properties that your interested in, hidden pit falls etc. which are not available on the several websites your probably using. Or, better yet, they may have the low down on an upcoming listing not found on the internet. Plus, its a chance for you to develop a personal connection with them which you certainly want as they will be negotiating on your behalf for better terms. I have several well seasoned Agents in your area that I'd be happy refer. Get in touch if you want a list. Good luck!

Brennan Hubbert | Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 296745
West Town Savings Bank
1595 Paoli Pike, Suite 200
West Chester, PA 19380
Direct: (610) 590-1831
Cell: (484) 302-1018
Fax: (610) 340-2464
Email: bhubbert@westtownsb.com
http://www.westtownsb.com/brennanhubbert
Hi Alex, you can do that. Remember, the agent is free to you though so the agent may be able to assist you with a lot of questions you may have. Also, have you been pre approved? I'd appreciate the opportunity to earn your business if you don't already have a loan officer.

King Regards,

Chad E Bahnsen

cbahnsen@mortgagenetwork.com
Visit My New Website: http://www.chadthemortgageman.com
Chad E. Bahnsen- Mortgage Originator, NMLS# 127719
Mortgage Network, Inc.- Corporate NMLS# 2668
14 E. Stratford Ave Ste 3C
Lansdowne, PA 19050
Office: 610 622-2212
Fax: 1-866-590-3806
Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities
Yes, you can do this. The seller's agreement with their broker is between the two of them.

I do not think this is a good use of an agent's skills. We all "find homes on our own," that's because the seller's agent makes sure they're on every website imaginable. But there is tremendous value in looking at houses with a good agent, unless you are so certain that you know more about the houses and the neighborhoods than they could ever know.

The other problem with your scheme is that you place your agent in the role of a "hired gun," whose only job is to negotiate This One Deal and to risk never getting paid if they don't put This One Deal Together. Which isn't a good position to negotiate from.

So, I urge you to reconsider, but wish you the best in any event!
You can absolutely do this. Although using a buyers agent is no cost to you so it wouldn't hurt to have them help your search as well. The commission is split by the buyers agent and sellers agent, so yea they would still get paid. I'd be happy to help in anyway possible.

Thanks.

William Cush
RE/MAX Keystone
836 N.Easton Rd.
Glenside,PA 19038
wjcush@yahoo.com
Cell: 215.285.2011
Direct: 215.825.7720