I am looking for a realtor to rent my house

Asked by tverstraete, Lake Oswego, OR Thu Jun 28, 2012

Lake Oswego. Beautiful. Furnished. Can anyone assist?

Answers

7
Marcelle Abel, Home Buyer, 97006
Sun Jul 8, 2012
I am a licensed Realtor with NW Rental Group, who specializes in leasing out homes in the Portland area. Visit our site at http://www.nwrg.com and contact me to hear details on our services.
Thanks! Marcelle Abel
Craig Loughr…, , Oregon
Sat Jun 30, 2012
I hate to differ with some of the people posting here, but Oregon real estate brokers and principal brokers are ALSO allowed to practice property management, although Oregon property managers are allowed ONLY to practice property management. Property managers are not allowed to list or sell property in exchange for compensation, and they may not assist owners in estimating the sale value of real estate.

I'm not a lawyer, but every Oregon real estate licensee is taught as part of his or her initial training for a real estate license that Chapter 696 of Oregon Revised Statutes is the guiding law for real estate licensing. ORS 696 specifically states that both real estate brokers and principal brokers may engage in "professional real estate activity," which the statute, in summary, defines as activity for compensation to rent, lease or manage real property. The full ORS can be found at:

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/696.html

Although licensed to practice property management, some Oregon real estate brokerage companies choose not to engage in property management, and prohibit their affiliated brokers from this activity. However, this is a business decision of each company's management, and has nothing to do with a legal ban on real estate brokers working to rent, lease or manage real property.

And not to pick nits, but a Realtor is not a person licensed to practice any particular kind of real estate activity. A Realtor is a member of the National Association of Realtors, a professional organization that includes in its ranks real estate brokers and principal brokers, as well as a number of other real estate-related professionals such as property managers, appraisers and lawyers.
Robin Weisge…, Agent, Lake Oswego, OR
Sat Jun 30, 2012
My friend an fellow Realtor, Julie Fugate, who posted first is not only an excellent Realtor she's a Property Manager who will take good care of you and your property. You should call her. See her earlier posting.
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Thu Jun 28, 2012
And just to be silly (or obnoxious, depending on your mood) . . . you don't mean that you specifically want a Realtor to rent your house. :-)
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Most real estate agents are not licensed as property managers. Oregon, compared to other states, do not use Reators(r) as rental/leasing agents. They keep us separated from doing both under the same license. Best to check with a property management company.
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Dont you mean you need a Company that handles rentals? Realtors have to have a separate license in the state of Oregon to handle rentals...just fyi. Call a property management company.
Julie Fugate…, Agent, Tualatin, OR
Thu Jun 28, 2012
I do property management and have a couple of homes in the area that i manage. Feel free to contact me.