I am looking for a investment in Fort Lauderdale I was looking at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale how is their rental program work,why are condo fees high

Asked by Redrock, Fort Lauderdale, FL Tue Dec 27, 2011

Answers

13
Hugo Hernand…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Dec 28, 2011
I live right down the street and I would be happy to meet with you and discuss your options.
Hugo Hernandez, P.A
Coral Shores Realty
954-873-8325
hugocarta@bellsouth.net
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Redrock,

As a condo hotel complex the Q Club Resort at 505 N Ft Lauderdate Beach Boulevard is going to have higher fees because of the duties involved with the condo/hotel set-up. While some investors like the ease of management of this type of investment I would also advise you to take a close look at the projected returns and how those numbers were generated. If you would like a detailed analysis of the Q Club and other condo hotels in the south Florida area please let me know and I would be try happy to forward you that information.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Rajkumar Ram…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hi Redrock,
usually maintenance fees on condos are high because of the amenities they offer and the services they provide by being a hotel, they rent the place out for you, clean it after the guests leave and rent it again as much as possible, leaving little for you to worry about.
I will be glad to help you in your search for an investment in South Florida.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience for more information.
I'm a Real Estate Expert, One you can count on in South Florida,
will be there from Start to Finish.

Raj Kumar Ramkerath
E-mail: rramkerath@aol.com
Web: http://raj.sef.mlxchange.com
Cell: 954-288-0386’
Web Reference:  http://raj.sef.mlxchange.com
Jen Babacan, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Just to add to your answer Ron, maintenance fees in South Florida are generally anywhere from $300 per month for smaller older buildings to the thousands, depending on size and age of the building. Very seldom does one see the low end of this fee. The median association fee is from $500- $1,000 for older buildings, and higher for newer buildings. The price also goes by the square foot of the unit. They take into consideration all of ammenities included , which can be anywhere from valet service to tennis courts and insurance for the building, water, cable, security guard, property manager, maintenace and cleaning crew, trash, sewer, and pest control, just to name a few. This can all add up very quickly. We talk about the condo market down here because we live and work in a tourist driven economy. Most folks would rather purchase a condo then have to deal with the cost of the care and upkeep of a single family home.
Kind regards,
Jen Babacan
Galleria International Realty
jenbabacan@live.com
Cell (954) 648-7334
Lynne Hale, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hi Redrock:
Hope your holiday season was good! The Hilton has high fees because of the way they take care of all of the cleaning, renting and re-renting of the condo unit, and because of the many amenities offered and maintenance of the building. These rentals are easy because you do not have to do any of the work, but they come with a price tag.
I work specifically on Fort Lauderdale beach and waterfront communities, and if this particular type of rental property is not for you, then I can help you find a rental condo that does not come with such high maintenance fees.
Please let me know if you would like information on other properties in this area. Thank you and Happy New Year!
Kind Regards,

Lynne Hale, Broker-Associate, CRS, e-Pro, CIPS
Century 21 Hansen Realty Inc
Phone: 954-303-0071
Email: info@RealtyForSouthFlorida.com
Darren Nels…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hi Redrock,

Please see the web reference below ...

Darren Nelson
24/7 REALTOR®
Foreclosure Expert
RAGFL, FAR, NAR
Coral Shores Realty
1119 E Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Office: (954) 568-9698 x255
Cell: (954) 881-8800
Fax: (954) 944-3178
Email: dnelson@CoralShoresRealty.com
Website: http://www.SoFloridaRealty.com
Home Search: http://www.SoFloridaHomeSearch.net
What’s my Home Value? http://www.BrowardCountyHomes.info
Patricia Sal…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hi Redrock, The Hilton is a condo hotel so you are paying for all the hotel services such as handling the rentals, maid service, etc. The rental restrictions will vary for the different condo hotels in Ft Lauderdale. The benefits of purchasing in a condo hotel is that you can stay in it between the times that the hotel is renting it out. Overnight and short term rentals in a condo hotel gives you more flexability.

Please call me if you would like to discuss the Hilton or any other properties to find out which one better suites your needs. Cell 954-292-1001

Patricia Salerno
Galleria International Realty
945 E Las Olas Blvd.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Generally, high condo fees are partially lower price to purchase (for comparable properties). That said, it's all about what amenities you really want and will really use.
Alex chernic…, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hi Redrock,
usually Condo Hotels maintenance fees are high because of the amenities they offer and the services they provide by being a hotel, they rent the place out for you, clean it after the guests leave and rent it again as much as possible, leaving little for you to worry about.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience for more information. I'm a local real estate Broker and I will be glad to help you in your search for an investment in South Florida.
thanks
Alex Chernicoff
Exit Metroquest Realty
(954) 559-6949
alexchernicoff@yahoo.com
Barbara East…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hello: Condo fees vary from property to property. Some include fees for things that others don't offer, i.e. pool, exercise room, community areas, electric and most important insurance. Also, places like the Hilton will have a maintenance fee for handling rentals. If you have any questions or are interested in other properties please feel free to give me a call or email me with the features that you are looking for.

Happy New Year!
Barbara Easton-Irvin
Atlantic Properties International
843-267-9232
FloridaLiving4U@yahoo.com
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Dec 27, 2011
It would seem that 90% of the Market in Florida is CONDOs!
Probably not, but that is what we outsiders are seeing.

HOA fees vary with the Location and the Ammenities; when you add a Security Gate, particularly with a guard, and nice things like a Pool and Community center, Landscaping and maintenance, it can add up.

We are seeing as little as $50/mo, but how about $1000/mo in New York!

If that lifestyle is your desire, then you have to pay.

Good luck and may God bless
Leisa Wade, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hello Redrock,

I am happy to discuss with you the Hilton Fort Lauderdale rental program and provide answers to your question. It is better to talk in person so you can freely discuss your concerns and goals and still maintain your privacy. Please give me a call at 954 445 9588. I look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference:  http://www.GetLeisa.com
Jen Babacan, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Hello Redrock,
Generally, hotel/condo type properties provide all the ammenities you would receive at an upscale hotel, such as daily maid service, room service etc. This is a unique type setting, however unlike condos, you may rent out the units whenever you like. Most condos require a waiting period of one year after purchace and then you are generally allowed to rent only one time per year, 3 months minimum. This is why the condo fees are so high in hotel/condo settings. If I can be of further assistance, please call me at (954) 648-7334.
Kind regards,
Jen Babacan
Galleria International Realty
jenbabacan@live.com
Cell (954) 648-7334