I am looking for a house in Watertown, CT. Can someone tell me about the area?

Asked by Bernadine Stropnicky, 10028 Tue Mar 17, 2009

Answers

5
Karen Rigopu…, Agent, Middlebury, CT
Fri Apr 15, 2011
Hello Bernadine. I am a full time Realtor (R), and I live off the Green in Watertown. I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Watertown is located in Litchfield County. You can be in Boston or New York in under 2 hours. The Taft School, a top tier private school, with a beautiful campus, is located in the historic area of Watertown as well. Watertown is a mixture of historic, rural and suburban and business. My neighbors commute to New York, Stamford, Litchfield, Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven etc. There are cultural venues in The Palace Theater, Waterbury Symphony, Mattatuck Museum, Timex Expo, Brass City Ballet etc. Tanglewood and the Berkshires are just a bit north. There are also State Forests and Parks nearby for adventuring. There is as little or as much to do as one would want in the area. I see from your zip you are in NYC. I lived in the 10021 & 10028 areas. So I would be happy to go over the advantages of having a yard, while missing the doorman! Please call me with any questions you may have on Watertown or any other towns in the area. If you have criteria for your house hunt, please let me know and I will create a search for you. You may reach me at 203-206-2043. I hope to hear from you.

Karen Rigopulos, GRI
Bannon & Hebert Properties
Marcus Santo…, Agent, Litchfield, CT
Thu Apr 16, 2009
I liked Michael Carnahan's answer because there is a wealth of information right at your finger tips. If you decide that you have interest in that area, you will need to select buyer representation. Local agents know their market well. Check with several different area real estate agents and see who you feel comfortable with. A good agent will not only be able to introduce you to the town you are interested in, but they will be able to secure your interests as a buyer.
Watertown itself is somewhat centeral in CT, with easy access to most major highways. You can be in NYC in 1:45 or on your way to New Hampshire (2.5hrs). The town has a complete mix of residential and commercial properties. There are many towns bordering Watertown that offer a more rural experience, if that is what you're interested in. Please feel free to contact me to determine exactily what you are looking for and I will begin a search. When I locate an acceptable subject I will contact you.
Bob Mowen, Agent, Washington Depot, CT
Wed Apr 1, 2009
Hi Bernadine: Last year I had a listing in Watertown that went into contract about a month after going on the market....very fortunate in this challenging market!

I am located in the village of Litchfield, quite close to Watertown, and I would be happy to help you in your search for a house.

Why don't you contact me @ 860-485-4094

Bob Mowen
Broker Associate
William Raveis Real Estate
33 West St
Litchfield, CT 06759
860-485-4094
mowenb@raveisre.com
http://www.bobmowen.com
Web Reference:  http://www.bobmowen.com
John Perriel…, Agent, Southington, CT
Wed Mar 18, 2009
Hi Bernadine,

I am familiar with Watertown CT. Where are you locating from? I can guide you to some local web sites.
http://www.rep-am.com is a local newspaper with an archive section that may be helpful for you. Also try http://www.watertownct.org

Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.
Michael Carn…, Agent, Baltimore, MD
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Hi Bernadine! Thanks for asking your question. As a Realtor I usually suggest that people start out with a simple Google search using the town name -- in this case, Watertown, CT, which is in Litchfield County. You will find sites like the Watertown homepage, the local Chamber of Commerce, a Wikipedia page, and, of course, lots of pages by people who live there, usually in blog format. You could also read the local papers online, like TownTimesNews and the Litchfield County section of Harford Courant. Finally, for specifics on the local real estate market, real estate trends, and more direct community information, it's always best to consult a Reatlor. While I am not a Realtor in Watertown, I would be happy to refer you to a colleague who can better assist you. Thanks, and have a great day!