I am looking for a house in Roseville (zip,95661) or east Rocklin. We don't want to stay under $400K.

Asked by Gina, Roseville, CA Tue Dec 16, 2008

I know people who have picked up really good deals in this market. Most of the decent homes that I find are over $500K. It is kind of frustrating that even in this market I get the house I want. I have tought about foreclosed home, but I have no knowledge of how to enter into an auction. Please help.

Answers

7
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Did Gina find a home back in 2009? or 2010 or 2011 when it finally started to heat up again? Prices are back up to the levels of 2003 or 2007. Will they go all the way up to where they were in the peak bubble year of 2005?

When will that happen? and why?
Peter Curtis, Agent, Roseville, CA
Tue Apr 14, 2009
There are two kinds of auctions. One is the auction at the county court house where you need cash or a cashiers check, and you are buying a foreclosed home, and the second is the (scam) auction as I call it. The (scam) auctions are the auctions that some marketing companies have sold to banks and realtors to pay a fee to put the homes up for auction to make the public believe they are getting good deals. These are usually not good deals. If you have cash and want to purchase at the county court house then I can direct you how to do that. If you are referring to the scam auction houses, don't waste your time on these. If you know what you want in Roseville.........
I have two options for you, one use a realtor and purchase a home that is listed on the market. Your best bet is a bank owned home and be prepared to write a lot of offers to get it at the price you want because there is a lot of competition. The other options is if you have your financing together and are preapproved I know investors who purchase properties at foreclosure acutions and would be willing to sell to you at a profit of course, but still below market. some will even improve the property if need be.
Happy house hunting
Teri Andrews…, Agent, Auburn, CA
Fri Jan 16, 2009
Gina,
Could you clarify, I am reading that you don't want to stay under 400K? or do you mean you don't want to go over 400K?

If you are new to the home purchase process, find an agent that you can work with and that will take the time to help you understand the process, and what is involved (and the risks) with each type of purchase (bank owned, auctions, regular sales, short sales) When you are given the knowledge you need you will feel more comfortable making the purchase. Stick to looking at properties in your budget range and you will be happier. You should also be speaking with a lender to make sure you qualify for the price range you are looking in. Almost all bank owned properties are requiring a loan pre-approval be submitted with the offer so if you are a serious buyer it is wise to get that process started.

Best of luck to you.
Crystal Parr…, , Roseville, CA
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Gina,

I am looking at houses in these areas on a daily basis, and there are definitely homes available under $400,000. I personally have a bank-owned property in East Roseville that will be coming on the market in the next month or so that should be below that price range.

I wouldn't recommend an auction, as most homes that make it to auction weren't able to be sold in the general market.

You can visit my website and run a search based on what you are looking for in a home. I also have a page for just Rocklin and Roseville bank-owned properties that is updated on a daily basis. I wish you the best of luck in your search!

Crystal Parrett
(916) 580-8587
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Wed Dec 17, 2008
Gina, I would like to suggest that reading the info provided here...http://www.trulia.com/blog/frances_flynn_thorsen_srs_e-proa/…
would be a good place to start..

Good luck, Dunes
Kathy Dyer, Agent, Roseville, CA
Wed Dec 17, 2008
Hi Gina,
There are great deals out there right now and this market is great for new home buyers. Rates have not been this good in 30 years! We have worked with many first time home buyers find their new home this year, you will have no problem finding a home priced under that for sure. You will need to work with a Realtor that knows the REO bank foreclosure market and how to write an offer that the banks will accept. Feel free to give me a call and see how we work and how we can help you realize your goals.
Kathy Dyer
Home Team GIrls
Keller Willaims Realty
916-759-2147
Kathy@HomeTeamGirls.com
Web Reference:  http://www.HomeTeamGirls.com
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Tue Dec 16, 2008
Hi Gina. You are absolutely right. There are a lot of terrific bargains out there. I'd be happy to assist you. I'd like to know more detail about the type of house you consider decent. What's your wish list? May I suggested you contact me offline. You can either e-mail me or call me.

Ute Ferdig
(916)751-1267
uteferdig@yahoo.com