I am looking for a house close to Sutter Elementary school.

Asked by Alex, Sunnyvale, CA Thu Oct 7, 2010

I am first-time home buyer and looking for house close to Sutter Elementary school. I would like to know more about this neighborhood, e.g. whether it is a safe and quiet place, a good place to bring up young kid. Thank you!

Answers

10
Grace Hanamo…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Hi Alex and thanks for your post.

I have lived and work in the area around Sutter Elementary School (home of the "Fighting Frogs") in Santa Clara for the past 20 years. Aside from the websites you've been given by another agent where you can get accurate crime statistics, here's what I can tell you from personal experience.

The neighborhoods and the communities are friendly, much as you would expect for any suburban neighborhood in Santa Clara. The homeowners are a mix of different ages and professions, and most have young family members that attend Sutter. Many of the neighbors have lived and worked in the area for a decade or more, and while there certainly are retirees in the area, there are also a lot of people who are just starting their experience in home ownership. Santa Clara is a vibrant city with great utility services at a lower price, a fabulous 4th of July picnic and fireworks display, and great Christmas display contests. Their library and Memorial Park Community Center is a great place for all family members to relax and take advantage of the recreational classes offered by the Parks and Rec. department.

The PTA for Sutter is very active and parents are encouraged to join and help the school. The School, itself, hosts a variety of field games (soccer, baseball, martial arts exhibitions) during the weekend, so there is always something happening at the school especially in the morning.

I have also sold homes to many clients who want to be in this section of Santa Clara, and all of them are very happy with their purchases and their new communities. The housing in the area is a mix of smaller Eichlers, Brown and Kaufmans (B&K) and Ditz-Crane homes. In fact, you'll find almost the exact same homes found here in many parts of Sunnyvale and San Jose.

If you are interested in buying in Santa Clara and in the Sutter area, give me a call, and I'll be happy to help.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Sat Oct 16, 2010
Hi Alex

It is a terrific place, and you will enjoy it.

Best Regards
Perry
Web Reference:  http://www.ruthandperry.com
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Alex,

The very best thing that you can do is find a professional Realtor@ to represent you. The right agent will go a long ways towards your success in fully understanding the area around Sutter and ensuring you find the right house to meet your needs and negotiating the best pricing and terms. A couple things I would tell you is to NOT sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie you up and ensure any transaction you make will only be through them. Find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet your expectations they will lose your business.

Second, NEVER call a listing agent about a home they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent you from working out the best deal.

Finally, I would recommend that you interview at least three qualified agents in your area to assist you and select one who you feel will have your best interests as their primary goal. If you would like I can recommend agents in your area and help you along your path to finding the perfect home. It is a great time to buy so please let me know if I can be of any help.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Kamal Randha…, Agent, El Sobrante, CA
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Hello Alex,

This is a great area for kids. Here is a link to public schools which shows how they stand in the system to help you.

http://api.cde.ca.gov/reports/page2.asp?subject=API&leve…

Good luck and please make sure you are working with a knowledgable Realtor. We are all here to assist you or if you need an agent. :)
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Hi Alex,
Welcome to the neighborhood. The Sutter Elementary neighborhood is safe and quiet and yes, a good place to bring up your young child. Sutter Elementary is already one of the top elementary schools and its API scores are rising. Also, comforting is even if someday the boundary line changes, you can't lose because neighboring Eisenhower Elementary is also excellent and is also rising in API score. I know this from personal experience because I live in Santa Clara 95051 and I had to consider elementary schools for my own kids. We chose Santa Clara because it's the best bang for the buck (lowest price for the best schools) in Silicon Valley.
Grace Hanamo…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Alex:

Thank so much for your very nice note. I wish you very well in finding your new home! You're really going to like the area around Sutter. Oh, and I also forget to mention the two swim clubs in the area--one on the corner of Pomeroy and Pruneridge and one on Pruneridge. Both are great and offer swim classes and use of the pools for a memberhip fee.

If you need help finding a home or want to take advantage of our commission rebate Realtor Facilitator program, feel free to call me! Again, very good luck in your home search!

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
Commission Rebates to Buyers
Email: GraceAreaProRealty@att.net
Alex, Home Buyer, Sunnyvale, CA
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Thank you all for your informative input! I already feel the warm welcome here! Especially thank Grace for giving me a detailed description of this neighboorhood and Daniel for passing me those usful links. I will definitely check them out and walk around this neighborhood and talk to local folks!

Thanks again and wish you all have a wonderful day!

Alex
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Consider doing some of your own research first--do visit areas more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals, look at everything that is important to you, etc., then make your determination--real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Vicky Le, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Fri Oct 8, 2010
Hi Alex,

I am very familiar with Sutter Elementary neighborhoods because I actively buy and sell homes in this area.
Feel free contact me for a free consultation. I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Vicky Le, Realtor
Intero Real Estate Services
Direct: 408-342-3085
Mobile: 408-229-3666
Email: vle@interorealestate.com
Daniel Berman, Agent, Palo Alto, CA
Fri Oct 8, 2010
Alex, the following URLs will give you data directly from the local police department relating to the safety of this (and any other neighborhood):

* mylocalcrime.com
* crimereports.com
* myneighborhoodupdate.net

Just enter a property address or zip code.

There are other ways to research a neighborhood but this will certainly give you a good start.

Dan

Daniel Berman
Pacific Century Realty
Buyer Rebates up to 50%
List for as Low as 1%