I am looking for a home or condo in the UIC area, under 150000. Can it be done?

Asked by Dpetri, North Lawndale, Chicago, IL Mon Jun 6, 2011

Answers

4
Jeffrey Olic…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Single family home is unlikely but you might be able to get a condo in the area. Plea let me know if you would like assistance.
Suzy Pinal, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Hi - I would be happy to assist you in your search. Please feel free to contact me!

Thanks!

Suzy Pinal
Leasing and Sales Consultant
Jameson Sotheby's International Realty
847-845-4555 (cell)
312-612-1136 (fax)
spinal@jamesonsir.com
syed shah, Agent, chicago, IL
Wed Jun 6, 2012
how many bed rooms one or two
Seth Captain, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 6, 2011
If you are willing to go West of Western, then you can find houses as you get into Douglas Park. Obviously the area is a bit different than UIC central, but you'll still be off Roosevelt. Adds 10 more minutes on the Roosevelt bus.

You will never find a place near that price around UIC, for a home. For a condo, my recommendation is the following:

There are deals galore around 800 S. Wells. In at least 3 buildings. One of which is the unique River City. Some studios are short selling for $75k!!!

That area has the only real deals under $150k OR you can look in the new construction condos that were put up by Western and the 290 around Harrison heading south a few blocks. I know of a couple of places for sale there now.

So...there is hope.