I am looking for a home in the Hampton area near Langley AFB. What are some good neighborhoods in the 200k?

Asked by Erin, Florida Thu Jun 19, 2008

range? We have a small down payment, good credit, and are looking for a total monthly payment (mortgage, taxes, etc.) of around $1500/month. Thanks!

Answers

3
Kihalani Pay…, , 23692
Thu Jun 19, 2008
Hi Erin

You have a couple of places to consider - w/ no more than 20-25min commute to Langley AFB - If you patron the commissary - Ft Eustis is also available if you elect to live in the Denbigh North area.

York County - Yorkshire Downs, Coventry - Pretty limited to townhomes if you would like to stay under 200K -
Newport News Denbigh North - Lees Mill, Beechwood ( a mix of both townhomes, single detached homes)
Newport News Denbigh South - Kiln Creek, Daybreak Condos
Hampton - Westview Lakes

These neighborhoods also have good re-sale stats.

If you would like to receive home searches for these areas - I'll be glad to assist you - feel free to contact me direct at 886-4084

Take care and be blessed
Frank Bigans…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Thu Jun 19, 2008
If you can consider a townhome or condo, then you will receive the most bang for you buck, and you could also buy into the great community of Kiln Creek or Daybreak Condos. Most of my client have only been bringingabout $200 to the closing table with $500 earnest money deposit.

If you need a single family home, then you options will be a "little" limited and I suggest looking into the community called Lees Mill, as they have single family home sbuilt in the late 90's from $190,000.

If you need more info, feel free to contact me via email, and I'll email you some listings tthat you can drive by and look at.

Frank Biganski, Realtor ABR
(757) 303-0517
frank@mrtownhome.net
Web Reference:  http://www.mrtownhome.net
Alvin Lapitan, , Virginia Beach, VA
Thu Jun 19, 2008
Hi Erin, and welcome to the area (early welcome). Your best option is to consult with a local real estate agent. Contact me for some great referrals of agents I know, or research one here on Trulia. Otherwise, I'd enjoy the opportunity of getting you pre-qualified when your ready. Let me know how I can be of assistance. Thanks!