Home Buying in Big Lake>Question Details

John, Home Buyer in 99517

I am looking for a cabin or small house on a lake that allows water skiing (Big Lake, Nancy Lake, Crystal

Asked by John, 99517 Sat Oct 20, 2007

Lake, Long Lake, etc) johnnybgood1955@gmail.com

Casey Steinau’s answer
Don't miss Carpenter Lake - slightly different setting but still fine for water skiing. The best way to double check a lake's can & can't rules is to go to the MSB website. The lakes with management plans (documents that clearly state motorized usage) will have the entire plan listed for your review.
Hope you have a great time on the water and remember we're Alaska's Year round Playground so don't miss the winter fun.
Casey Steinau
Re/Max Dynamic of the Valley
There are many properties on lakes if you would like to view some listings
or if you have a special property in mind contact me. I would like the opportunity to help you find that dream house or recreational property .

Broc Murri
Keller Williams realty
(907) 414-0683
AlaskaRealEstate.com is an other resource you can use.
AlaskaRealEstate.com has a number of homes on Big Lake,
I also have a home for sale on Big Lake, contact me if interested.
Hi John,

If you would like to do a free search try http://brocmurri.realty.com and call me with any questions (907) 414-0683.
Hi John,

I hope the listings at the link below will help you. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we're currently able to map the properties listed but I spied a few with lake-view photos.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Sorry you didn't get an answer. Brrrr! I don't know what it is like in Alaska but I believe the decline of being able to water ski on lakes is due to insurance issues. I would think that either most lakes would accept water skiing or decline water skiing and advertise the opposite. What I mean to say, is that if you found out in your area that water skiing is banned on most lakes, a lake that allows water skiiing would say something like "all sports activities." If the norm is freedom to use the lake as you see fit, than a property that doesn't allow water skiing would advertise "quiet and restricted".

Good luck. You might try looking at craigslist.org.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558