I am looking for a 1BR coop/condo in Queens (Near LIRR, Pets OK, No Board Approval). I deally I'd like Bayside area...but open to other

Asked by Kristin, Bayside, Queens, NY Sat Mar 6, 2010

neighborhoods (i.e. Briarwood, Whitestone, etc.). Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you...

Answers

7
Fauzzie, Home Seller, Westbury, NY
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Hi Kristin,

If you are still looking for a condo unit, do look at what I have to offer.

The building, The Horizon was built in 2006. LIRR-Westbury Station is just across the street. It's just 1/2 hr ride to Penn Station. The building is pet friendly.
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/listing/HMCFB

Do email me at fhanim@gmail.com if you have any question. I am more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely
Fauzzie
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Mon Mar 15, 2010
Hi Kristin. Board approval is mere formality and yes, you would need to bring your pet(s) as well. Before you even get an interview the board has gone over the board package which has all of your financial documentation, letters of referral, loan committment papers, credit check, etc. In short the package is a dossier with all of your information. If you were deficient in some area (like income/assets/credit) your application would probably be turned down with no scheduled interview. The point is that if you are indeed qualified, the approval process is nothing to be concerned with.

You will seriously limit property that would be otherwise acceptable if you stick with the no approval aspect. To my mind and probably other brokers looking at this thread, your no approval thing is a red flag. It will cause concern that there is something else that might make you less desirable as a new shareholder.

As far as location is concerned, get yourself a broker and move forward. Good luck.
JANINE MCQUE…, Agent, BAYSIDE, NY
Tue Mar 9, 2010
Hi Kristin,
I specialize in selling in Bayside as well as reside. There is a condo down the block from the Bayside LIRR station that may be of interest to you. Several co ops also in the area that are near the railroad as well, however few have no board approval. Call or e-mail me to discuss your options as well as what your budget is and we can start finding you a new home.
JMcQueeney@Elliman.com or 718-819-4085. Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Janine McQueeney
Prudential Dougals Elliman
209-18 Northern Blvd
Bayside, NY 11361
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Sun Mar 7, 2010
Most coops will require board approval. Condos may require approval but many don't. Kristin, if you're not working with a buyer's agent, I am a Certified Buyer Representative (work for YOU, not the seller) and would be happy to assist you. I can provide you with references if you like from other buyer-clients of mine.

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Senior Real Estate Specialist
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Shai Megiddo, Agent, Astoria, NY
Sat Mar 6, 2010
If being close to L.I.R.R. Is important to you Kew Gardens would be the place to start searching. Otherwise you have plenty of choices depending on your budget.
Fajardo Dela…, Agent, Flushing, NY
Sat Mar 6, 2010
Kristin
My advice is that the next move is to hire an agent; It sounds as if you alreadly know,what your are looking for.
Just find a Real Estate Agent that you feel will look out for your best interst.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Mar 6, 2010
You have choices and as far as towns are concerned it's a decision only you can make based on your needs and lifestyle--you mention that you like Bayside, why not start your search there. I wonder why you are looking for no board approval, are you looking to save time, is it financial, etc.--if you haven't visited with any qualified loan officer(s) yet, do so and see exactly what your budget can handle, and ask for a mortgage pre-qualification/pre-approval letter.