Xyz, Home Buyer in 19087

I am looking condo at chesterbrook area.

Asked by Xyz, 19087 Fri Oct 9, 2009

condos at NEW MARKET/ HEADHOUSE have similar structure and size. but one has basement. Wonder how much value the basement will add? (finished vs unfinished as well) thanks

Answers

5
A basement definitely adds value to a property. Obviously a finished basement is more valueable than an unfinished lower level. This link http://www.realtor.org/rmohome_and_design/articles/2008/0812…
may be helpful to you--it is cost vs. resale value report.
There are many variables as to how much a basement is worth, such as size, number of rooms amenities, square footage.
I would be happy to discuss the particular details of the home where you have interest.
Please feel free to call me for further information--610-627-4902
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 21, 2009
Did you ever decide to buy?
I live and have been selling in Chesterbrook for 10 years now. I agree with all the responses. And if you are thinking of resale value, Condos with basement sell quicker than the one with out the basement.
I have seen the unit on Headhouse court, it's a nice unit. I hope my answer will help you make any decision.
Please feel free to call me if you have any more questions.
Shehla Karim
Weichert Realtors
101 E.Lancaster Avenue
Paoli, PA 19301
610-659-4869
610-647-5600 x 139
shehlakarim@aol.com
The basement definitely has value. Many use the basement as a storage area. If finishable this space may add significantly to the usable living area of the condo. It will not be counted usually during an appraisal as living space but will be valued as a finished basement. Be careful of the law when finishing a basement as local laws have chaged reguarding permits and requirements. Check with the T/E township for the rules in Chesterbrook.
A basement will give you storage room, depending on whtther it is finished or not. That is always a plus. If it is finished as well then you get an added benefit of usable space that adds to your total area. Either will add some value, a fully finished basement needs to be confirmed that it was finished with approval from the township and meets code requirements. As to exact value it will add depends on its size etc.
Web Reference: http://www.VandekarTeam.com