Home Buying in Shelbyville>Question Details

Alyssarae, Home Buyer in Shelbyville, KY

I am looking at a Double Wide manufactured home on three acres, because it is a manufactured home, can it qualify for a USDA home loan?

Asked by Alyssarae, Shelbyville, KY Tue Jun 29, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Getting a manufactured home financed can be tricky, to say the least. The good news is... it can be done with very little down payment or maybe even 0 down! I work with a fabulous loan officer that specializes in financing manufactured homes. They must be a double wide or larger and on a permanent foundation.

My motto is... If there's a will, there's a way!

Carolyn Campbell, MRP
Century 21 Abbot Realty & Auction
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 20, 2014
USDA will allow for new doublewides.

Joel Lobb (NMLS#57916)
Senior Loan Officer
502-905-3708 cell
502-813-2795 fax

Key Financial Mortgage Co. (NMLS #1800)*
107 South Hurstbourne Parkway*
Louisville, KY 40222*
Web Reference: http://kentuckyusdaloan.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 7, 2013
Right Now USDA Rural Housing has put on holds until funds are granted again. There are other programs though that you can get help with down payment and closing costs through Kentucky Housing Corp. I am an agent in Shelbyville and have had buyers use these programs before.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 26, 2010
I'm sorry, I have asked the people at the rural housing office in Shelbyville that same question more than once and NO a rural housing loan does not cover an existing mobile home. Here's a copy of their answer when I emailed them:

NO, we cannot do “existing” manufactured homes.

A single family housing tract = “House & Lot”. The property cannot be income producing. ie: a baby farm. We are to do single family housing tracts, typically 2 acres or less. If the “acreage” value on the appraisal is 30% or less of the total value of the property it becomes a judgment call by our loan officer as to whether it is a single family tract. If the “acreage” value on the appraisal is more than 30% of the total value of the property we must do a “site visit” to determine if it is a single family tract or what must be done to make it a SF tract, unless the appraiser can say that single family tracts of more than 30% are “typical” in that area.

Hope that helps, I have a sheet I can email you if you like that tells a lot more about those loans.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 29, 2010
Yes, the double- wide can qualify if it is on a permanent foundation, and if it meets the criteria that any home would have to meet. Being a manufactured home doesn't disqualify the home, as long as it is on a permanent foundation. Good luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 29, 2010
hi im trying to get a doublrwide thru usda and it is permanent on a foundation
Flag Thu Aug 18, 2016
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer