I am looing to purchase my first home. Where do i start?

Asked by Elss Williams, Bellerose, NY Tue Jan 29, 2013

Answers

11
Javier Meneses’ answer
Javier Menes…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Melville, NY
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Hi Elsa. Unless you're buying all cash, as suggested below, the 1st thing you must do is meet with a Loan Officer. It's VERY important for a Loan Officer to review your credit, income & asset documentation. This is the pre-approval process. We would take a look at your paperwork and figure out exactly how much of a loan amount you would qualify for. Are you buying a single family? condo or co-op? multi-family house? what loan program best fits you? what are the rates for these programs? etc. We would go over all of this. It's important to me, and it should be important to you, that you have a full understanding of the entire process from start to finish.

Once you have all your financing in order, you then start working with a Realtor to help you find a property.

If you're looking for someone to help you, I'm always available to meet. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
Sterling National Bank
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648
Sarbjeet Kaur…, Agent, Garden City Park, NY
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Have a meeting with a loan consultant of a reputed lender and get pre-qualified. This involves assessing your financials so you know how much house you can afford, different programs available in which you may qualify, what documentation you will need to proceed with the purchasing process, how much you can expect to spend on closing costs and familiarize yourself with interest rates.

Now that you have this done you can start looking at homes.
good answer
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014
Lucille Gallo, Agent, Floral Park, NY
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Start by figuring out what you can comfortably afford..get pre-approved..figure out what area/locale you would like to live in depending on your needs..and contact a real estate agent in the area you desire. If eastern Queens/ western Nassau is the area you decide on..you can call me anytime..and I will do my best to find you that charming first home. Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you Elsa.
Joseph Roraff, Agent, Onalaska, WI
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Find a good lender in your area to get you approved for a loan. Then find a realtor to help you find a house in your budget.
Feel free to make mine the best answer ;)
Nicolas Puyg…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Hi Elsa,

First you need to start working with a real estate broker. Why don't you give me a call or email me to tell me more about what you are looking for. I have access to a large database of properties on the market.

--

Nicolas Puygrenier ǀ Licensed Real Estate Broker
Mona Lisa Real Estate Group LLC
419 Lafayette Street, New York, NY 10003
Telephone: 917 499 1917
Email: nicolas.puygrenier@monalisanyc.com
Fajardo Dela…, Agent, Flushing, NY
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Mrs Williams
My name is Fajardo Delacruz and I'm a realtor in your area.
I will be happy to speak with you to get more information to get a
better idea and how we approach your goals. Please just give me
a call as soon as you can.

Thank you

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Yael Shanee, Agent, Kew Garden, NY
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Hi Elsa,

Smart move to have your own home, if ....you can afford it.
You start by choosing a good agent who has the resources to get you the most updated information in today's market, who will guide you through the process step-by-step.
I can offer wealth of knowledge, dedicationand and services to assist you with you new endeavor.

Feel free to contact me -

Yael Shanee
Exit Kingdom Realty
917-705-3717
http://www.yourhomesmart.com
Samuel Tet, , Oakland, CA
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Whatever you do, you need to decide, what you need and what you really want. There is a big difference.

Never buy a house you would not consider living in yourself.

Buy a house before you buy a car, creditwise.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Else,

Before looking at anything, it is essential that you be pre-approved by a mortgage broker, mortgage banker or bank.

I am not speaking of a pre-qualification. A full pre-approval requires 3 years of income tax statements, 3 months of bank statements, 3 months of pay stubs, credit report, etc.

Once you have a full pre-approval, you will know how much you are qualified for and will know what price range to look at.

Once you have a full pre-approval, you will be as good as a cash buyer; your purchase will be contingent upon an appraisal of the house and a contract and you will be considered an "A" buyer.

I am an instructor at Stony Brook and Post Universities and train Realtors and finance majors. I would be happy to provide further information for you when you are ready.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
631-425-6150
Tammy Benkwi…, Agent, Somers, NY
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Well, you are in the right place! Trulia is a great place to search online to get an idea of the available homes and prices in the area where you want to live.

However, the most critical first step is obtaining a mortgage pre approval. I have a great contact if you need one.

I don't know where you wish to live, so I may not be able to help you personally. But I can put you in touch with a great agent who will represent your best interests as a buyers agent.

Send me an email or call me to discuss 914-714-2127.

Best wishes!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore begin by visiting with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with.....