I am intersted in a home and am wondering if the owners would do a lease option

Asked by Family6, Bristol, CT Thu Jun 16, 2011

Answers

5
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Jun 16, 2011
The best way to find out is to just ask them!
Robin Becker, , Farmington, CT
Thu Jun 16, 2011
It's possible, but most sellers are either selling in order to either get cash out of their current home to put towards their next one, or selling because they can't afford to continue paying their mortgage. A lease /purchase option is most feasible when an owner has relocated, not due to financial distress but say, for work, and the empty house has been on the market for some time, without having sold. Many owners will accept a lease /purchase option in this stuation, to offset their expenses (taxes, insurance, etc) of maintaining the house. Bristol is my home town, Let me know if I can help you.

Robin Becker
860-314-1516
Seth Winklem…, Agent, Bristol, CT
Thu Jun 16, 2011
It depends on the situation of the homeowners. Some sellers are upside down meaning they owe more than the house is worth and need to sell. They may want to lease. I am an agent out of the Bristol Prudential. Give me a call/text at 960-985-5816. We can talk about the house. Or email me SethWinkleman@PrudentialCT.com.

Seth
Betsy Cooney, Agent, Berlin, CT
Thu Jun 16, 2011
No - this is a bank owned property and they won't lease.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Thu Jun 16, 2011
You never know, but the odds are against you. Most sellers want to sell and move on and need the proceeds to buy their next house. Most do not want to be a landlord and take a HUGE risk that you will not buy the home in a year and they will be then stuck selling it - AGAIN. You can ask, but most likely you will get a no reply.

I would urge you to rent until you are able to buy, rent to buy are very poor options for buyer/renters.