I am interesting in BLOOM CROSSING subdivision in Manassas Park, any info regarding this area. If you have

Asked by Wonderer, Manassas Park, VA Sun Apr 12, 2009

to choose between Centreville (20120, 20121) and Manassas Park (Bloom Crossing) which area do you prefer? Please kindly give your advice/opinion. Thank you much.

Answers

4
Amy Stanley, Agent, Manassas, VA
Fri Mar 29, 2013
I believe that both areas are good areas to live in. If you work in Fairfax then I would suggest living in Centreville due to the traffic time. Other than that, Blooms Crossing is a great neighborhood. If you want more information please don't hesitate to contact me 703-400-6709
Peggy James, Agent, Lorton, VA
Wed Apr 15, 2009
Hi Wonderer,

Right now in Blooms Crossing we are seeing amazing buying opportunities. I've been showing homes to several buyers in the area. That said, the taxes run much higher in Manassas Park compared with the of a home just a mile away, that falls into the Prince William County tax codes.

Centerville is good as well. Buying a home is so much more than finding the best priced house. It's about what type of home fits into your lifestyle. What services are important to you? VRE Station? Community Pool? Shopping right around the corner? If a neighborhood appeals to you visually, that's a great sign you'll be happy there.

Blooms Crossing is the hidden gem most people don't even know is there. Read this post I wrote a few weeks ago, this may help..
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Bloom Crossing is nice - more house for the money. However, I'd prefer to live in Ffx over PW co (incl city of Manassas). It's a trade off.
The Bridges…, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Blooms Crossing is a beautiful, well-kept area w/one elementary school, Cougar, one middle school and one high school (both Manassas Park). There is only one SF home for sale right now at $334900. It has its own police department and is growing. There is an active adult/assisted living community in the area, childcare facility, and veterinarian right on Manassas Dr. The tax rate is on the high side at $1.19 per hundred of assessed value and that may have gone up recently. The community is on a limited access road called Manassas Drive with a golf course at the end. To choose between Centreville and Blooms Crossing would really depend on personal choice. Both are very nice areas but Fairfax County home values and prices are generally higher because of proximity to DC. I think Blooms Crossing has everything Centreville has except proximity and that might not matter depending on how close your job is. Hope this helps. I can be contacted for further conversation at 703/494-3000.