I am interested in renting a condo in the city---streeterville newer condo. Near stores, gym, bookstore (i am

Asked by John, Mon Jun 2, 2008

a resident physician), close to train---ill be commuting to U of C- hyde park, Id like to have at least 1 bedroom rent from 1200-1700, Any advice? where do I look and how should I approach this? thanks.

Answers

7
John, Home Buyer,
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Thanks. What is the best way to find a rental agent whilled to show me condos on the morning/day of 14th. Are there special agents who just deal in rentals or specific companies? thanks.
Anil
Torrey Lewis, , Chicago, IL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
John,

Rental agents do not charge any fees. They are paid through commission, which is offered by the owners of the properties.
Kristen, Home Seller, Des Plaines, IL
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Des Plaines is a 40 minute car ride to Hyde Park with traffic or a 25 minute train ride!
John, Home Buyer,
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Thank you for the responses

1) Where is Des plaines in relation to Hyde park/Downtown Chicago

2) I would definitely be interested in using a real estate agent. Can you tell me how much they would charge for helping me find a place--or how they bill.
Torrey Lewis, , Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 3, 2008
John,

Your best bet is to call a Realtor specializing in Streeterville rentals. There are a number of rental high-rises in the area, but there are probably an equal amount of individual owners renting condominiums as well. A Realtor should have access to both. If you would like, I can try to recommend an agent in the area.

If you want to try on your own, resources like the Chicago Reader and Craigslist.com can be very useful. The Chicago Tribune's website also tends to have listings for the rental high-rise buildings.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Kristen, Home Seller, Des Plaines, IL
Tue Jun 3, 2008
We are considering renting out our condo in Des Plaines. It is very close to the train and has many conveniences. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. The rent would be closer to $2000, but it has 2 bedrooms instead of one! If you are interested or know someone that is, email me at flybase21@comcast.net
Vlad Kushnar…, , Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 2, 2008
260 East Chestnut Building