I am interested in purchasing a home on a lease purchase in the Hasty Elementary School District in Canton, GA. Can anyone help me locate some homes?

Asked by Danielle Sones, Canton, GA Wed Dec 28, 2011

Answers

7
Jnapier, , Canton, GA
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Hi Daniel
I am the homeowner of 501 Charles Drive Canton Ga, 30115. If you are still interested in leasing a home in Canton Ga please send me an email at jnapier8361@gmail.com. Make today the best of all of your yesterdays!.. Ms. Jamera Napier
Joel Owens, Agent, Canton, OH
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Danielle I sell commercial real estate so don't have a dog in this hunt.

It is important to make sure you know the difference between a lease option and a lease purchase.A lease purchase you are required to purchase by a certain date and time.

With a lease option you can purchase but are not required to.

Typically sellers like a lease option because the money is not treated as a security deposit and the buyer doesn't have a beneficial interest in the property.If you stop paying they can simply evict you and re-option the property again.

The buyers like it because they are not locked in to a property.Typically many times the buyer never ends up purchasing the home. The family gets a divorce,death in the family,person gets sick,loses a job,job is transferred to another area,has a baby and needs more space,finds out things after living there they do not like etc.

If you can pick up a lease purchase or option with great terms to you with putting little to nothing down then it might work.

Otherwise if the seller is requiring a large deposit you would be better off just fixing your credit and buying a house the regular way. I do know investors who will owner finance and have the property paid off.The problem is they know typically you can't get conventional financing so if the going rate is 4.25% they will charge 7 to 8%.

This is why I say if you have some money buying the regular way might be better for you.If you have a bunch of cash but your credit is thrashed then a lease might be better.It just depends on your situation and circumstances. Hope it helps.No legal advice.
Linda Jones, Agent, Canton, GA
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Danielle,

There are a few homes with a lease purchase option in your desired school district. Please give me a call and lets discuss your price point and the features that you would like to have in your new home.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Here's a blog I wrote on how to find lease-purchase homes: http://bit.ly/findaleaseoption

Some involve using a Realtor . . . and I see that a number of them are offering to help you. Others don't require a real estate agent, though you would still find one helpful.

Sheryl Smith, Agent, Woodstock, GA
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Absolutely! Please contact me via email @ sheryl.smith@metrobrokers.com. I'd love to assist in your search for a new home. Thanks!
Sonya Lanier, Agent, Canton, OH
Wed Dec 28, 2011
I would be happy to help you can reach me at slanier2@windstream.net or 404-202-3671
Sonya Lanier
ERA Sunrise Realty,Inc.
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Danielle,

I'd be happy to help you locate homes. Give me a call and let's talk about what you desire in a home.

David Brower, Realtor
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
david@davidwbrower.com