I am interested in purchasing a home in Chestertown; house being sold as is; has not been updated in approx.

Asked by Curious, Sat Mar 29, 2008

25 years; need info about market conditions in the area; house priced at 275k; need advice on putting together an offer considering the condition

Answers

4
Barry Waterm…, , Stevensville, MD
Thu Apr 3, 2008
Megan and Mansur are right on the money with this one. You need to have an agent involved to tell you waht you need to be concerned about. A broker or agent with some local experience can tell you if for instance there is a history of poor soil conditions and a higher than normal septic system failure rate in the area, or if there are ongoing fees or assessemtns that would transfer to a new owner. A house at 25 years old could suffer from a multitude of issues. A home inspector could find some of them, but not all. An agent with some familiarity with that market can often help you avoid big problems by helping you determine what types of inspections and contingencies should be part of any offer. Besides that, they can help you determine what similar homes have sold for, what the owner owes on the house, what they paid, and other issues that would help you get the best deal possible.
Paula Ruckel…, Agent, Chestertown, MD
Fri Apr 9, 2010
I would be happy to discuss market conditions in the Chestertown area with you in detail and provide you with information on available homes that fit your search criteria. I can be reached at 410-708-4947. I look forward to speaking with you in person.

Paula Ruckelshaus
Coldwell Banker - Chesapeake Real Estate - Chestertown
John Schratw…, Home Seller, 21620
Fri Nov 6, 2009
I have a house for sale that mostly fits your needs. I did update kitchen, but its not granite. My house is being sold as is and is for sale by owner. I would be happy to show it. It's listed on Realtor.com in Chestertown, asking price is $289k.
Megan Mcgoni…, , North East, MD
Sat Mar 29, 2008
Hi Curious, I would recommend that you get a Realtor to work with you as a buyers agent. They can pull comparable home sales of the house you are interested in and tell you what the market value of the home is. I would also make your offer contingent on it appraising for the purchase price.