I am interested in finding out more about homes (or condos/apts - whatever is necessary) that have a living

Asked by Heidi P, Atlanta, GA Tue Jun 24, 2008

space on a second floor and a space on bottom for retail. I'm looking for a neighborhood meant for walkers, diners, artsy types, etc. Where and how do I begin searching for these?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Tue Jun 24, 2008
It is called a mixed use building. Commercial on the ground and residential above. Obviously they exist in every city and town in different areas. Start by looking where you would like to have your commercial space and see if anythiing is available.
Mixed use buildings are typically sold by commercial agents and not residential agents. There are nationwide companies and small local or regional commercial brokerages that you can contact. But first get an idea of where you want to be located.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more