Home Buying in Bermuda Dunes>Question Details

Belinda Esco…, Home Buyer in Bermuda Dunes, CA

I am interested in buying the house I live in and was just recenmtly told by a neighbor who was curious and called the realtor and was told the house

Asked by Belinda Escobar, Bermuda Dunes, CA Tue Oct 20, 2009

was in escrow,are we suppose to be notified about this and if so who should notify us? Is it also possible to still make an offer the house is a short sale.

Answers

2
Well, I'm surprised your landlord didn't ask if you were interested in purchasing first, but technically the Landlord doesn't have to let you know the house was listed for sale, if it really is in escrow then the bank that holds the title will probably be giving you 30 days notice any day, What probably has happened though is the "realtor" said in escrow but it was really just pending with the bank, short sales take a long time, so my guess would be that someone made an offer and they submitted it to the bank. I would have to look up the address to know for sure. If you'd like me to do so just send me an email with the address.

Matt Brown
Coldwell Banker
MattBrown@ColdwellBanker.com
Belinda,

I am assuming you are renting the house you currently live in... if that is the case, you are afforded certain rights which should be outlined in your Lease Agreement or according to the Landlord Tenant Law in California.

There is typically a notice period that the Seller must afford you (e.g. 30 or 60 days, etc.) before the Seller can ask you to vacate the property. That is probably your only right to this property.

If you are interested in making an Offer on the property, I would quickly contact an Agent and have them help you formulate an Offer. If the property is already in escrow, it may be too late. Call the Listing Agent and find out the status before you go through all the work.