I am interested in buying a house that now has a courthouse auction date notice posted on the front door. Is?

Asked by Linda, 85020 Wed Apr 2, 2008

it too late to buy it before it goes to the courthouse steps? I hear there are sharks there, and I don't want to get bitten! My realtor is new (a relative), and doesn't seem to know the process. Thank you!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:

Answers

6
Terry Schone…, Agent, Goodyear, AZ
Tue Apr 22, 2008
BEST ANSWER
Find another home or wait until this one goes through the "process." I have not heard any two deals that are the same. Anyone that says they know the process is going out on a limb. No one ever knows what is going on with the owners, the bank and any other entity involved in the deal except that entity. They generally are not in the mood to tell others what is going on.
0 votes
Steve Belt, , Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Apr 2, 2008
The short answer is yes, but honestly, you need to work with a realtor that does indeed know what to do. I'd recommend your relative refer you to a realtor that knows what they are doing. Your relative gets a referal fee, and you get the representation that you need.
1 vote
Steffy Hrist…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jul 1, 2014
Linda,
What company is your relative with? If she is with the same company I am, we may be able to help you jointly. I can very likely help you with the purchase - we need to talk, research the property and find out what is possible.
Web Reference:  http://www.talktosteffy.com
0 votes
A. J. Stewa…, Agent, Fort McDowell, AZ
Wed Mar 20, 2013
The only way to tell is to research the address. Call me and I can help you and if we do a deal I will give your agent a 25% referral fee.
0 votes
James Wehner, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Apr 3, 2008
Linda,

I can help you and your relative purchase this home prior to trustee sale or actually at the trustee sale. I track every property going to the trustee sales (auction) each day. 80% of the homes scheduled for sale that day will get postponed. Of the 20% remaining that have opening bids, atleast 80% of those will revert back to the bank (REO). Very few sell to third party each day.

Let me know if I could be of any assistance.
Web Reference:  http://www.jameswehner.com
0 votes
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Apr 3, 2008
Linda, it is very honorable of you to help your relative. May be he/she can ask the broker for advice too. How is that agent going to learn if they don't go through it. I also understand that it shouldn't be at your expense but that is why there is a broker in place.

If it has been scheduled for auction, it is unlikely that you will be able to purchase it. If it was a short sale such as a pre-foreclosure, yes it could have. I am not familiar with the code in AZ so that's where you need a local to help you.

I would be very curious to know if you have been successful. Please update us. Thanks.
Web Reference:  http://www.sumnerrealty.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Search
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more