I am interested in buying a home that has already been sold. If I pay triple, will the owner sell?

Asked by Seriousbuyer, Hyde Park, MA Fri Apr 2, 2010

Hello. I am interested in buying the home at 151 Austin St. I notice that the home has already been sold. I will buy the home for triple the price that the owner paid if the owner is willing to sell it to me. Please let me know the necessary steps I need to take to begin the negotiation.

Answers

4
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Fri Apr 2, 2010
Some day the owner will show up at the house. Knock on the door and ask if they would consider selling it. You will give them a good profit and really want the house. If they bought hoping for appreciation they will likely sell. If they bought a rest stop before buying a coffin they will say no.
Yannis Tsits…, , 01742
Fri Apr 2, 2010
Dear Serious buyer:
The steps are: Hire a Realtor as your buyer's agent to find out the info of the current owner of record, you do not have to pay anything to the buyer's agent unless you have an accepted offer. Then approach them and present them the offer. If you need any help, you can contact me @ yannistsitsas@yahoo.com, I will do it for you.
Good luck, Yannis
Matt Heisler, Agent, Westborough, MA
Fri Apr 2, 2010
Most people would sell. But you can't "make" them sell. Eventually, the numbers will get high enough where they probably would sell, but then you'll have other issues that need to be managed. Will the property appraise? Are you making a wise financial decision? I agree with the previous post that you need to find an assistant in your area who is knowledgeable about housing in your area and can lay out options that make sense.

Matt Heisler is a real-estate professional and owner of Heisler & Mattson Properties. He has been selling residential real-estate for over 10 years. He has given several talks on real estate, including presentations on first-time buyer tips & tricks, and profiting in real estate investing in Massachusetts. As a Vanderbilt University alumnus, he is proud to serve the communities of Natick, Framingham, Medfield, Millis, Holliston, Hopkinton, Southborough, Westborough, Northborough, Grafton, Marlborough, Shrewsbury, Worcester, Milford, Charlton, Northbridge, Sutton, Hudson, Sudbury, , Clinton, Boylston, and West Boylston. His company website can be found at http://www.bjheisler.com, and his Metrowest Blog can be read at http://HomeSellingInMass.net.

*All information is posted in good faith and is assumed to be reliable, but may rely on third party information sources.
Web Reference:  http://www.bjheisler.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Apr 2, 2010
The steps would involve your finding a Realtor to help you. The Realtor would approach the purchaser and find out whether, and under what conditions, the purchaser would like to sell.