I am interested in buying a home and moving to the Reno area. Are there any residency requirements?

Asked by Maplanck, Orange, CA Sun Dec 30, 2012

I currently live and work in AZ but want to buy a home and move to the Reno area. I have been made aware that some states require that you have either 50% down or have been living in the state that you want to purchase a home in prior.

Answers

9
Sal and Katr…, Other Pro, Irvine, CA
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Hi my name is Katrina Ortiz,
I am a Community Manager of Wellington Estates and you have contacted the Communities Management Office which is solely responsible for the management of the community. Thank You for showing interest in our Community. Please contact White Knight Reality Services whom sells houses in our great community for any questions you may have pertaining to purchasing a home. The person of contact would be a Beverly Calton-Hoffman email: yourwhiteknight.com Cell-775.233.3716 Office-775.322.8585
If you are interested in buying property in are community we can offer you wonderful amenities such as a Clubhouse which has a Kitchen, Dining Room, Lounge Room, Billiard Table, Ping Pong Table, Small Fitness Center, Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and Mail Room. What makes are community unique is that each house has a 2 Vehicle Garage attached. There are no other communities in our area that offer this. In addition we maintain all of the grass landscaping’s in front of all of the houses which add to the looks and value of the community. We professionally manage the community and live on site. We also have a snow removal program in the winter. If you would like to discuss anything pertaining to our community please contact us at the Office-775.677.2200.
Larry Drees, , Reno, NV
Sun Dec 30, 2012
No, nothing like that. There are some unofficial rules that you love sun, blue skies, snow, mountains, crystal clear lakes, and small town atmosphere with city activities. Oh, the 10% income on wagering is still optional. Good luck.
Don Robertson, Agent, Reno, NV
Sun Dec 30, 2012
When I first read your question, I thought you must be coming from another country. You can easily buy a mone in Nevada, just like in Arizona. Good luck.
Clark Riel, Agent, Reno, NV
Sun Dec 30, 2012
if you find out what states those are, let me know. That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of.
Holly Tuhey, Agent, Reno, NV
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Maplank,
I agree with most of the answers here. The BEST thing for you to do is hook up with a Realtor AND find a local lender to get pre-qualified with. Interview a few Realtor's and pick the one that YOU think best fits your needs, wants and personality. That Realtor will also have lenders for you to do the same with. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me.

Holly Tuhey
Broker-Salesperson
Trans-Action Realty 500

775-530-5858
hollyhct@gmail.com
Patricia and…, Agent, Reno, NV
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Your situation of moving to NV from another State is not unique nor does NV put any residency requirements on buyers prior to their real estate purchase.

We recommend that you first find a lender that will take a loan application from you so you know the amount of mortgage for which you qualify. There is nothing worse than to go and look for a home, find one that is "perfect" for you and then the lender does not approve you for that amount.

This is a lender referral: Carrie Bryan. American Pacific Mortgage. Reno. 775-741-3682. Carrie has been in the lending business for many years and can advise you of the various programs currently available in NV.

So, start packing those boxes for your move to the Biggest Little City in the World! Happy New Year.

Roger and Pat Jewett
Spouses Selling Houses

775-857-1225

MLS PROPERTY SEARCH: http://www.renohomesforsale.listingbook.com

WEBSITE: http://www.teamjewett.com

TransAction Realty 500
6121 Lakeside Dr. Suite 100
Reno NV 89511
Oscar Canon…, Agent, Reno, NV
Sun Dec 30, 2012
I have a lendor/bank who can take a 10% -20% down payment for a non-resident investor. Kindly e-mail me (oscar@oscarcanonigo.com) for further assistance. Happy New Year.
Ron Bell, Agent, Reno, NV
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Just a good attitude and money, we love our Californians!
Steve Miller, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Maplanck, I'm not sure who gave you this information, but it could not be further from the truth. If you're goingt to use a VA or FHA loan you need to occupy the property. I know of lenders with whom you can purchase the home as a vacation property with only 10% down.

Steve Miller
stevemiller@ferrari-lund.com
775-741-3780