I am interested in buying a golf course condo that would allow weekly rentals in the Myrtle Beach area.

Asked by Sally, West Virginia Wed Aug 15, 2007

Does anyone know of any condo communities in Myrtle Beach that are located on a golf course that allow weekly rentals. I am most familiar with the south end in Surfside, so don't know much about up north.

Answers

9
Mirela Monte, , 29582
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Be very careful and ask for the CC&R's up front and make your offer contingent on your satisfaction of those rules. I can not tell you how many people have purchased something with the intention to rent it, only to find out after closing that weekly, or even monthly rentals was prohibited in that neighborhood. Ouch! For mor advice, subscribe to my blog, at the address below. Good luck!
Myrtle Beach…, , Myrtle Beach, SC
Sat Jan 31, 2009
Sally,

Myrtle Beach Barefoot Resort and Grand Dunes are two strong, near the Ocean golf course communities with highly rated golf courses onsite. Barefoot Resort also has shopping and attractions which will allow outstanding rental opportunities. Grand Dunes Marina Inn is a 4 diamond AAA rated property and that helps as well.

THE KEY POINT: How does the management company at each operate? I would highly recommend Cindy Hommes of Myrtle Beach Barefoot Resort (you can find her by googling Myrtle Beach Barefoot Resort) for management at Barefoot, although there are several.

I would definitely read our blog on Trulia before making this investment. The link is below.
Nancy Siau, Agent, Pawleys Island, SC
Sun Jan 27, 2008
Sally, I am not sure if you are still in the market for a golf course condo, but you may want to consider True Blue in Pawleys Island. The True Blue Golf Course is one of our areas more challenging courses and always appeals to golfers. A 3 bedroom/3 bath unit on Pinehurst Lane is on the market for $187,500 with a free 1 yr membership at True Blue, Caledonia and Tradition Club included. True Blue allows for short terms renters. I would love to give you more information if you are interested.
Web Reference:  http://nancysiau.com
Eric Zink, Agent, N Myrtle Beach, SC
Thu Jan 24, 2008
Hi Sally,

Just thought I would put my two cents in, SunColony in Longs is very nice, They allow weekly rentals and the complex is just a couple of mile's from the Cherry Grove Beaches in N Myrtle Beach. And you can get a nice 2 bedroom 2 bath unit on the golf course under $130,000. Good Luck in your search..

Eric Zink
ezink@remax.net
Web Reference:  http://www.ericzink.com
Joseph Skinn…, , Myrtle Beach, SC
Thu Jan 24, 2008
The River Oaks area an on-site rental company that offers long term and short term rentals. I am very familiar with the River Oaks golf villas. Contact me for more information 866-496-6384 (toll free).

Jay Skinner
Skinner and Associates Realty
skinner@homesatmyrtlebeach.com
Ted Shields, , Myrtle Beach, SC
Sun Jan 20, 2008
Tupelo Bay is a new complex on the Surfside/Garden City boarder. I own a three-bedroom overlooking the clubhouse and executive course. There is also a full gym, with indoor and outdoor pools. Contact me at theodoreshields@hotmail.com if interested.

Ted Shields
Myrtle Beach Real Estate
Laura Bunts, Agent, Surfside Beach, SC
Thu Aug 16, 2007
Hey There Sally!

There are of course several golf course communities on the South & North end that feature homes and condos or villas for weekly rental by the individual owners. The closest condo community that I am aware of in the "Myrtle Beach" proper that allows weekly rentals is at Myrtlewood called "Magnolia". I did an extensive amount of research before making my investment purchase last year and Magnolia was an option but not exactly what I was looking for as far as overall "community package".

However, since you are familiar with the Surfside area, have you considered Tupelo Bay Golf Villas? From an "owners" perspective (I was one of the first to buy at Tupelo Bay), you really won't find anything on the grand strand that compares with regard to construction, location, amenities, and overall lifestyle in the price range they are.

In addition to being an owner of a Tupelo Bay Golf Villa since June of 2006., I am also a Broker for the Real Estate Company who markets Tupelo Bay Golf Villas. We do allow weekly rentals and have had great success relative to it being the first full year. Some of the buildings are still under construction but many of the community "resort style" amenities are completed including indoor & outdoor pools, full service fitness center, tennis courts and most importantly, a shuttle service to the beach which have been in "full swing" all summer.

The summer rentals this year were so much better than anticipated and there is also a "waiting list" for winter "snow bird" rentals. The "feedback" we have received from both owners and renters this year have been "glowing" so I am extremely optimistic about future rental seasons. The remaining amenities are in the process of being completed which will include a full service summer kitchen adjacent to the pool complex, a car care facility and a social activities director.

I suppose I could go on and on but if you haven't had an opportunity to see Tupelo Bay, I encourage you to check it out before making your decision. The homeowner fees are extremely low relative to what is included ie) insurance, extended cable and even golf privileges.

I would be delighted to share with you my personal experience as an owner and can also assist you with the availability of what is for sale, including the remaining pre-construction incentives. I can also provide you with a 1st year rental history for some of the Villas in addition to providing access to current owners who would also be happy to share their experiences with you.

In closing, feel free to give me a call or contact me by email via the "web reference" listed below. I look forward to speaking with you!

Take care and good luck in your search!
Laura Bunts
LauraBunts@aol.com
Web Reference:  http://www.LauraBunts.com
Ken Pujdak,…, , Greenville, SC
Wed Aug 15, 2007
Litchfield is the most reputable that I am aware of. Haven't been there in a while though, so I am not preceisely sure what they are offering at the moment. There is golf year round in MB, so keeping a nice unit continuosly rented should be easy. Most folk I know use a rental manger to keep their unts rented. Remember, a lot of Canadians go to MB in the early spring. So don't forget to advertise your unit in Toronto in the late winter. Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.sellmyhomeken.com
Tom Richards, Agent, 29572, SC
Wed Aug 15, 2007
Hi Sally,
There are several golf course complexes that allow daily/weekly rentals in the Myrtle Beach area. River Oaks and World Tour Villas are two I strongly recommend. They are centrally located close to all major attractions including the new Hard Rock Theme park scheduled to open spring 2008. The condos rent very well year round. Please send me you requirements and I'll send information on the units currently listed for sale. Hope to hear from you soon.