I am interested in buying a condo in high point and I have 20% down.....my credit is not that great..but I have never missed a house or car payment???

Asked by Susan Saline, Saint Marys, PA Sun Mar 31, 2013

Answers

5
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Susan,

FIrst I would do two things: A) decide on a buyer's agent to help you and then pick the lender you wish to give you a loan. B) Don't discuss financial things like how much you can afford with anyone but those two people. If you tell someone that you can afford $X amount then you go and look at a property that, that particular agent lists then they now know how much you can afford to pay and you hurt your negotiations.

So to answer your question a mortgage lender will be the best person to answer your question on whether you can get a loan. A good buyer's agent will have several lenders that they have worked with and can refer you if you do not have someone to go to.

If you would like help we would be happy to help you with all of your real estate needs. Feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia.

Hope this helps,
Fred Herman, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Fri Jun 7, 2013
unfortunately missing a credit card payment is not any less of a negative than missing a car payment. do everything you can to build up your credit score. make sure you correct any error bring down your score. never be late with a payment again.

good luck

fred
RoyalHomesof…, Agent, Kernersville, NC
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Susan,

We do have a condo in High Point that we will do a rent to own. It is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath main level, end unit. If you are will looking feel free to give me a call.

Thanks Again,
Sue Hoult
336.689.4381
Ashley Elks, Agent, High Point, NC
Sun Mar 31, 2013
If you send me your e-mail I can send you some information that will get you started in the right direction.
Ashley Elks, Agent, High Point, NC
Sun Mar 31, 2013
I have a few great lenders I work with. Would you like for me to set you up an appointment? My e-mail is ashley_keaton@yahoo.com I am an REALTOR in High Point, NC.