I am in the process of getting a USDA rural housing Loan in New Hampshire, my wife will not be on the Loan, can I add her to the deed on the house?

Asked by bdarak, New Hampshire Mon Nov 12, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kathy Lewis, , Valdosta, GA
Mon Nov 23, 2015
Yes, consult the title or attorney that did the closing, they should be able to help.

USDA Mortgage Hub
100% Rural Housing Loans - Nationwide
Ph: 800-691-8826 (7 days a week)
0 votes
Pat Rose, Agent, NH,
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Yes, you can have an attorney do that after the closing. Whether you are closing in 2012 or 2013, make sure that you deduct the RD fee, if you can. It is completely deductible in the purchases year. It is a big deduction, but won't do you much good unless you have can itemize since you are married that will be a big threshold to get over. If you close after the first of the year, you will not only have the funding fee to deduct but also 11 or 12 months of interest payments much better for you.
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Nov 12, 2012
This is a process that can usually be completed after closing. You can simply ask your closing attorney who can complete the new deed for you and get it recorded. If you need any help buying, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Trulia's #1 Agent in NH

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more