I am in the miltiary and i was reading that the 8K first time home buyers credit is extended for service members that were deployed between 1 Jan 09

Asked by Tanis1982, Manhattan, KS Wed Sep 22, 2010

and 01 May 10... Does it have to be consecutive or is it just any 90 days within that period?

Answers

4
Primary Resi…, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Hello- It should be for any 90days within that time period as there is no indication otherwise.

You will qualify for the tax credit as long as you sign your purchase contract by April 31st 2011 and close by June 31st 2011.
Kelvi Cunnin…, Agent, Manhattan, KS
Thu Sep 23, 2010
I see you posted a question concerning lending back in May. I seems like you have been doing a lot of thinking and a lot of research. Good for you! Doing research and making sure that you are making the right moves that are the right decision for you and your family is the best thing you can do! Speaking with professionals here on Trulia and here locally in Manhattan is a great decision. The next step would be to decide to meet with a Realtor here in Manhattan that can work for you and in your best interest.

Kelvi Cunningham
Kelvi Cunnin…, Agent, Manhattan, KS
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Yes, it is always best to double check with a tax professional to make sure that your exact situation falls within the guidelines. It sounds like you will qualify, but better safe than sorry on such an important decision. We have great lending and tax professionals in the Manhattan area that can help you look into your qualification. Thanks!

Kelvi Cunningham
Katie Wolf, Agent, Manhattan, KS
Wed Sep 22, 2010

I agree with the first answer, however, to be sure it's best to check with an accountant on this matter. I can get you in touch with someone local if you'd like.

Thanks, Katie