I am in need of finding a nice, patient realtor.

Asked by Andy Key, Ohio Thu Jun 20, 2013

Currently, I am looking for buying a single house priced below $300k. Right now, I need to find a nice, patient realtor, who stands on my side, not just tries to get the deal done quickly. I also have a condo and a single house which I intend to sell as well. I can buy before selling the condo and the single house. I know it is getting hard to find the right realtor now days. If anyone here can advise me on the realtors you worked with before and were happy with, please let me know about it. I know the housing market is going up, but unlike the market in CA. That is why I don't like pushy realtors who would keep telling me about this over and over again. Even in 2006, when the housing market was going up like crazy, some people still got very good deals. If you are impatient and in a big hurry, it is very likely you won't find the right house. Buying a house is a big investment, so I want to find a patient and nice, not PUSHY REALTOR.

Answers

20
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Hey Andy, did you ever find a nice, patient Realtor? Just curious.
Peter Purdom, Agent, Dublin, OH
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Hi Andy,
I'm known for my patience and consultation approach with clients. My goal is to find you your dream home. If it helps, I am helping a client currently who is looking at their 31st home that I've shown them to date and still has not decided - but it's ok. When they do choose they will know that I was there to help them.

If you are still looking for a realtor in the state of Ohio to buy and/or sell please reach out to me. Good luck to you regardless of your realtor choice!
Teri Lewis L…, Agent, Columbus, OH
Sat Jun 29, 2013
Hi Andy,

Please give me a call so we can talk. You will find that working with me yo will not be rushed or stressed. I know buying a home takes time and you will know when you have found that right house fro YOU.

Look forward to talking with you

Teri Long
614-638-4520
Toni DeLuca, Agent, Upper Arlingotn, OH
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Hi Andy - Be happy to help you find what you are looking for - give me a call - 614-209-8725 - I have spend time with my clients - until they find a house that fit their needs and felt like home to them. Happy to help - Toni - Howard Hanna
Jordan Meyers, , Columbus, OH
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Here at Residential Finance we have a smart home rewards program that will get you in touch with Cartus, the worlds largest re-location agency. They will provide you with a list of highly qualified realtors for your area. Here at Residential Finance we provide our customers with a $200 Home Depot gift card upon closing as well as a $1,000 closing guarantee.

Please give me call at 614 255 3952. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Jordan Meyers
Senior Loan Officer
Charles D Va…, , Columbus, OH
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Call Michelle Demopolis at Keller Williams. She a very nice lady and does very well for herself so she wont be pushy. Her number is 740-602-0126.
Rachel M. Du…, Agent, Columbus, OH
Sun Jun 23, 2013
@Cobrarr2003 Is absolutely correct. Definitely interview your agents and do not settle until you find the one who is right for you. Each agent does business a little differently and it is important you find the one who does it your way. I would be more than grateful for the opportunity to sit and chat with you to see if I am the Realtor for you, Andy.

Rachel Dunham
937-869-8333
Rachel.Dunham@HERrealtors.com
Cobrarr2003, Home Owner, Parrish, FL
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Hi Andy, I can relate with your situation. What I have found is there are not a lot of really good Realtor's in the business. They either are just getting out of the house (mostly women) or retired and looking for a place to hang out and talk with people. The Realtor I am currently under contract with has cost me 2 sells already because of her lack of professionalism. Unfortunately I have 2 months before my contract expires. :( I would advise to interview your agent before signing and just because they have a lot of sales or listings does NOT make them a patient and professional realtor. Good luck in your searches.

Richard
Howard Hanna
Vicki Eisel…, Agent, Hilliard, OH
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Hi Andy. I can appreciate what type of Realtor you are looking for. No one likes pressure. I got in to real estate to help others. My main focus has never been just on the money, it's on the people. I'd say I'm patient as I've raised four sons and I had a buyer who took 5, yes 5 years before she finally bought. I appreciated the loyalty and friendship that it really didn't matter when she bought, I knew that she would. I'd welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and show you how I can assist you in your home buying and selling. By the way, don't confuse any agent trying to educate you with the current market conditions as being pushy. I educate my clients and then it's up to them to do what they feel they need to do. I'm happy as long as I feel I've done my job well and to the best of my ability, which is not always about the closing, it's about the entire process for my client.
Jared Lowe, Agent, Grove City, OH
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Hello Andy,

I can help you and I would be more than happy to. I will not drone on and on as to why I may be the right fit for you however I would be happy to provide references that may enlighten you as to their experiences from a broad range of clients I have helped in the past. The key is honesty.... and that I will guarantee.

Good luck with your search and feel free to contact me anytime, I'm here to help.

HER Realtors
Certified Negotiation Expert
614-325-9197 Cell
614-635-1442 Fax
JaredLowe1@yahoo.com
http://www.herrealtors.com/JaredLowe
Cathy Schwan…, Agent, Dublin, OH
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Dear Andy,
There is probably not a more patient realtor than myself. My current buyers have been looking on and off for 3 years, we just got them into contract on their perfect house. If you would like to see what some of my recent clients have said to me and about me, give me a call. The last thing I am is pushy. I suggest talking to more than one realtor before you decide.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cathy Schwandt
614-264-8188
Rachel M. Du…, Agent, Columbus, OH
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Andy,
I would rather not ramble on here about why you should choose me as a Realtor. However, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to sit down with you to discuss my qualifications. I really look forward to hearing from you!

Rachel Dunham
937-869-8333
Rachel.Dunham@HERrealtors.com
Katie Winslow, Agent, Columbus, OH
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Dear Andy,

My advise to you is to find a realtor who is a great listener and will understand your goals in the home buying process. I believe there is a way to find that perfect people-property match, which takes time and patience in most cases but at the same time it is important for you to be well informed and understand the current market in your area.

I have worked with clients over 12 months plus to be able to locate that "dream" home, and the best part is that not only everyone was the happiest at the end but we have built a long term friendship during the process..

If you are interested to meet with me for a consultation, please contact me at katiewinslow@remax.net.

Best Wishes,

Katie
Michelle Vic…, , Columbus, OH
Thu Jun 20, 2013
I am not pushy and I am patient. What part of Columbus are you considering? We can get together to discuss your housing needs any time you are ready. Let me know and we can get together for a cup of coffee.
I am a full time real estate consultant, ready to help you solve your problems and find the house you are looking for in the area. Give me a call! 614-353-3698.
Lauren Swiet…, Agent, Columbus, OH
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Hi andy!

I would be more than happy to help. Please review my page for testimonials. I also specialize
In first time homebuyers so I'm very detailed and work with a ' hand holding' approach. Look forward to hearing from you! 614-352-0723 direct number and L.swieterman@gmail.com is my email. Thanks!
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Jun 20, 2013
You're the exception: we all try to be PUSHIER, because everyone wants us to squeeze 6 cents out of a nickle!

Good for you; stick to your guns!
Of course, they've got to be pushy enough to sell you on enlisting them.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Patient, nice, not pushy REALTOR(r).
That sounds exactly like every real estate agents profile I've read on Trulia!
You've apparently come to the right place.
-
Andy, the concerns you have expressed are those of which every professional is aware. Very seriously do we embrace the opportunity to help others in the purchase and sale of their biggest investment. Every agent I have ever met fully understands their entire business depends on delivering outstanding service to each and every home buyer and seller.
-
So, why then, are so many buyers and sellers expressing the same concern you are? A concern that there exits a dirth of patient, nice, not pushy and I'll add effective, knowledgeable, transparent, committted professionals?
-
Let me propose the issue and the solution.
Firstly, buyers and sellers are distressed, just as you have indirectly expressed, at the prospect of having to select a smiling face from the wave of smiling faces emerging from the Sea of Real Estate Agents, all murmuring, murmuring..."choose me!"
-
In the end, desperation sets in and one must choose the best dancer in the entourage. You used the 20 question agent interview guide, you followed crazy advise regarding checking credit history and counting the letters appended to their name and you make a choice, pinned the tail on the donkey, knowing you've been played. Such outcomes have the same Genesis. It is adversarial, even though everyone is smiling, there will, however, be clear winners and losers.
-
What if you were given the 'blue print' that would allow you to know who is going in your direction, and who may have a different destination in mind? The ability to identify who stands by your side to strengthen you. Who guards your back to keep your protected, who will walk ahead to identify and remove the hazards.
-
Your decison will not be based on the dance or the song they sing but soley on that which they do!
You need the answer to seven questions, that you must never ask.
You need to hear three nouns that describe you, from the one you will choose.
You need to hear three verbs that express you, from the one you will choose.
This one, is the one who will be a sojourn with you in the vessel of kindness, under the council of wisdom and the sweetness of enduring patience.
-
Here's the rub. In order for such a person to reveal themselves to you, you must also be transparent in your goals, motivations and fears. If you open the window, your sojourner, 'the sojourner," will pivot emotionally and spiritually towards you. The ensuing intelligent and probing questions may make you feel discomfort, becuase they are so incredibly unexpected. (Do not mistaken these question for being pushy. If you do, the problem is not with the sojourner) These questions will be about you. They must be about you. In the end, this agent will describe you with three nouns and three verbs and will confirm to you the seven questions you reallly needed answered and the absolute answer to those questions.
-
Speechlessly you will respond, "Yes, those are my questions and yes you have answered them all."
-
This is a two way street. Be prepared to be absolutely amazed regarding the transformation so many professionals have experienced as they too sorted out, what is, and is not important. We have walked the way of suffering the past five years just like so many others and are grateful to be in a position to offer the extended hand of help to those who truly seek it.
-
We offer help. If you need help you've come to the right people. If you are counter-intentioned, the help you receive will never be satisfactory. It has been my expereince that the journey thourgh a real estate transactions have emotonal stages just like every relationship. If the stages are not anticipated, prepared for, and adapted to, like so many other relationships....they fail.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
M. Abraham J…, Agent, Westerville, OH
Thu Jun 20, 2013
If looking in central Ohio, I'd be happy to talk to you about what you're looking for and how you'd like to go about things. As Anna already said, the lender pre-approval is an important step to take early in the process.
Feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email if you have any questions, or you'd like discuss what your needs are.

(614) 226-7577
abe.javadi@gmail.com

"Abe"
Mohammad A. Javadi
Baker Realty Group
Ginson Speich, Agent, New Albany, OH
Thu Jun 20, 2013
You should interview several.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore if you haven't done so yet visit with any licensed loan officer. As for an agent, ask people you may know for referrals; or contact and interview a few agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best.