I am in another state. I want to relocate to OC. I can pay cash. Would a Park Manager approve someone from another state to buy in his/her park?

Asked by jet.tran, Santa Ana, CA Wed Mar 6, 2013

The plan is for myself or my wife to live at the new property and find work while the other one stays at the current job to support the land lease. After findin work in CA, the other spouse will then move to CA to look for work.

Answers

3
Ingrid Ski Realtor’s answer
Ingrid Ski R…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Yes, the park manager can approve someone from another state
How many bedrooms do you want? What is the max space rent you want to pay? Is a Senior Park ok? Or not?
Any pets?
I can send you some of the properties and then aet them up to see once you are out here. I do help many people deom out of state. Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Hello Ingrid. Thank you for responding. I will keep your contact info for when we're ready. My guess is we'll do a trip in late April or early May. We're looking for a pet friendly park since we have 2 dogs: 17 pounds and 6 pounds. We're not Seniors, but I'm jealous of the deals they're getting. We would like a 2 bedroom place with space rent to be around $1,000 or less. If possible we would like to stay South of the 22. Thanks
jet.tran@gmail.com
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
You really should start with the park manager of the park/communities you are interested in. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rent/lease park/community.

Be wary of any manufactured home built before June 15, 1976 as they are "PRE HUD" homes and will be very difficult if not impossible to finance. Additionally many if not most PRE HUD homes were built using caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos.

But before you purchase any manufactured home you should have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.Make sure the home is level and that the pier and pad assemblies are in good shape.

Be sure the vapor barrier and insulation are in tact and not ripped, torn or lying on the ground. Have the inspector look for drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, expansive (clay soil), rusted and deteriorating piers and dry rotted or decomposing wood pads supporting the piers.

Most importantly make sure the home has an approved set of Earthquake Resistant Bracing (ERBS) installed under it as much of California is in a Zone 4 seismic area:

(http://www.google.com/search?q=seismic+zone+3+map+for+califo…)

Feel free to contact us should have any more questions: 800 909-1110, Cell: 760 815-6877. Email: onthelevel@cox.net. Or log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
http://www.mh-processing.com
Web Reference: http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com
Fernando Ava…, Agent, Anaheim, CA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Sounds like a good plan. I often tell my clients; "You can only do what you can do". Everyone's situation or circumstances are unique to them. Let's say; If you were to come to Orange County, and make an offer on a property, if accepted, your offer with the park application would be submitted to the park manager, if your income qualifies for the park rent space and the manager was to approve you, this would be the scenario.
Before all this of course, I would have already asked you for your income items; W2's for last two years, last two bank statements and last two paycheck stubs, and finally, I would have ran your credit report for your FICO score to determine if you would qualify for a park approval. Some park managers, are not so concerned with the credit report, depending on the explanation of circumstances.
After this, I would have already sent you properties for your review from the MLS.
Also, I would have made arrangements and schedule showing appointments, so by the time you would head on over here, we would be ready for you.
I have a web site that I would also provide you with so that you could look up properties at your convenience. Well, there it is; your plan and my plan to make it happen for you and your family.
Thank you Fernando. We used to live in OC. We went to the midwest because of families. We take on average 2 vacation trips back to Califonia every year for the last 6 years. We want to make it a permanent trip in the near future. My last credit check is 830. I bring home $5,000 after tax monthly. I guess the BIG worry for me is my ID shows that I am not from California and I work outside of California.
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013