I am in Australia, currently in the process of purchasing in Florida. http://janes-condo.blogspot.com - Let me know what you think of the place.

Asked by Jane, Metro West, Orlando, FL Sun Dec 5, 2010

Answers

8
Jeramie Vaine’s answer
Jeramie Vaine, , Orlando, FL
Sat Jan 22, 2011
Jane,

Beautiful place, furnished maybe ok depending on the tenants however I did run the numbers. In this business its all about the markets latest trends. Metrowest in general is a hot rental area however beacuse of the large amount of competetion you need to price aggresively. So with that being said there are 31, 2 bed, 2 bath condos, town homes and villas for rent in Metrowest. Average rental price is around $800, the real numbers is the rented and leased price. In the last 12 months your average rent is between $800 - $900 per month. The closer you get to $800 the quicker it rents. So I am not sure how much value furnished ads but those were the unfurnished numbers.

You may want to explore the options of corporate if you are going furnished. Also another thing is if you use a Realtor or Property Manager your marketing increase tremendously.

Hope this helps, best of luck!

Jeramie Vaine
jvaine1@gmail.com
978.870.9429
Web Reference:  http://www.jeramievaine.com
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Fri Dec 10, 2010
Hi Jane,

I think you've made a mistake by offering a furnished long term rental. What research have you done into the rental market for furnished places? The vast majority of American renters rent unfurnished. The vacancy stats you quote in you blog (very interesting by the way) are based almost entirely on unfurnished units.

It's a very cute little place. I hope you tenants hwo take care of it.

Good luck, Mark
Carol Bauza, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Dec 8, 2010
Hi Jane,
The condo is beautiful!!! Absolutely!!!
The question is how much rent?!? Well, in my honest opinion in that area and with the look and appeal...I would say approx. $1200. to $1800. a month. Maybe more because it is furnished. If you are renting to an executive you may even be able to secure $2000. a month. The idea is to cover the HOA fees and in turn pocket some $ for future upkeep and investing.
The pictures are spectacular...you have a real gem here!
Let me know if you need help finding a renter and or managing the property!

Carol Bauza
Keller Williams Advantage Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Jane, , Metro West, Orlando, FL
Wed Dec 8, 2010
It is 1150 sq ft - Metrowest - Fully furnished, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom on the first floor (each building has ground, first and second floors). Gated community with pool and clubhouse facilities. I'd like to get an idea of how much it will rent for.
ANDREW OLLICK, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Mon Dec 6, 2010
Looks like a very nice condo. Congrats on your purchase. Without the specifics, like price sq. footage , location, it's hard to give a professional opinion of the place.
If you're looking for simple feedback from the standpoint of looks, then you must be on the wrong website :)
Suzanne Ogden, Agent, Longwood, FL
Mon Dec 6, 2010
Hello Jane,

Assuming that you are specifically referring to the Metrowest area of Orlando, it offers a great central location, not far from the Universal Studios and Disney attractions and also within a reasonably short drive to Downtown Orlando. It is a beautiful area with easy access to shopping. There are a number of condos on the market in the Metrowest area, however securing mortgage financing on condos is unlikely, so you should be prepared to make an all cash purchase. Also, keep in mind in budgeting your monthly housing expenses, you can expect condo association dues in the estimated range of $250 to $450 depending on the particular condo association and the location within the community.

The greater Orlando area has much to offer and the Metrowest area is quite popular for investment with condo values at an all time low.

If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you for posting your question on Trulia.com.

Suzanne Ogden, Realtor
Charles Rutenberg Realty
(407) 234-1098
sogden2@cfl.rr.com
Web Reference:  http://www.suzanneogden.com
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Mon Dec 6, 2010
Jane,

Florida is a large state with many different types of weather. It sounds like you are looking in the Orlando area and if Disney is a drawing card for you then this may be a fantastic choice. Know that the weather that far north can be much cooler during the winter months and being inland the summer breezes we enjoy in the coastal areas are not as "cooling". If you are looking for a sub-tropical climate (but this morning's cold temperates hardly make me warm) you should look from Vero Beach south on the east coast.

I live in Jupiter which is in norther Palm Beach County and a place I am so lucky to call home. You may be interested in checking out a recent blog about the area and if you would like to explore opportunities here please feel free to contact me. Best of luck with your inspections and welcome to Florida!

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Amparo Ariza, , Orlando, FL
Sun Dec 5, 2010
I would like to know more details about you and your porpuse of purshaning, do you have kids, are you looking to invest in real estate, move in or vacation home? Florida is a state that offer all kind of needs you want; by knowing more details, I can provide you the best service, please contact me any time.
Amparo Ariza 407-595-1730 or e-mail me at: amparoariza@hotmail.com. Thanks