ln711, Home Buyer in Irvine, CA

I am currently on Section 8. I am interested in buying in Irvine. Is there a lender that will accept my voucher to assist in mortgage payments?

Asked by ln711, Irvine, CA Sat Dec 8, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Get in touch with a mortgage broker that can review your financial status and adice you properly.
Choose one that can answer all your questions in the first meeting.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

4 votes
Tracy Willia…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Newport Beach, CA
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Per Fannie Mae guidelines, a Section 8 voucher is an acceptable source of qualifying income. There must be a history of receiving the voucher before applying for a mortgage and must continue for a minimum of at least 3 years.

Irvine is a pricey area, as Kawain previously mentioned. Your best course of action is to get a complete preapproval so you know what you can actually qualify to purchase. For the preapproval, you need to provide all your income and asset information to the lender. They will pull your credit and run the loan application through one of the software programs to issue a formal approval. At that point, you are good to go!

Good Luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.
0 votes
MJ Omidbakhsh, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
You would need to contact a lender who can help you with this process and getting you pre-approved. Here is a good lender you can contact: New Amercian Funding, Lili Khashe 949-533-0010
and here is my number if you have any real estate related questions 949-514-4177
0 votes
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Irvine is not a first time buyers market. The property value there are quite high. If you are eligable for section 8. Most likey you will not qualify for a mortage high enough to actually buy in Irvine.

You may want to consider other cities.

Best of luck to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
0 votes
Rekha Shah, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Hi 711,

Any lender should be able to provide this service to you.

We have in house lenders who can help you with this.

Call me directly @ 949-202-6106 or email me at rrshahoc@gmail.com

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more