I am curently looking for a townhouse/SF (new construction or homes aged 0 to 6 years) in waltham or nearby

Asked by Gary, Natick, MA Thu Jan 29, 2009

area ($400-$500K). I saw the listing for a single family home 38 Wamsutta Ave Waltham, MA 02451. I like it as it has a good enough square foot area and a decent lot size. The basement is unfinished. I want to know about the location/area and the resale value in and around wamsutta street. Also, is it priced right? Also how much property tax will I have to pay? The property is short sale approved? is it ok to by a short sale property? will $400k be a ok offer?

Answers

3
Scott A. Nel…, , 02155
Fri Jan 30, 2009
You could also check out Amaranth Place
Web Reference:  http://www.AmaranthPlace.com
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Thu Jan 29, 2009
It is true that anyone can give you factual information BUT no one can really tell you about resale value. It would only be an educated guess at best. I know Waltham well, I used to live there and its value has held up in comparison to other towns. Short sales can take awhile (i am still waiting for an answer on an offer I placed over 3 months ago). You should also work with a buyers' agent to represent you if you do not have one already (it is free of cost to you). If I can assist you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Wen
Century 21
century21ma@yahoo.com
Deb Nicholls, Agent, Concord, MA
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Gary,

A Buyer Agent will answer these questions and help you with negotiating a good price. For someone to do it on line, without visiting the property and doing some research, would just be a best guess. Anyone can give you the property taxes ($5237.02) and answer factual questions, but there is more to the process than that.

The answer to your question about a short sale is a long one, but one thing to be aware of is that it will usually take 3 to 9 months to get an answer from the bank! The last one I had took 3 months, and the answer was a simple "no", and the bank raised the asking price after that!

Since it doesn't cost you anything for Buyer Agent services, why not give it a try? If you would like the name of a good agent in Waltham, I'd be happy to provide one, with contact information.

Deb
Web Reference:  http://homes.debn/net