I am considering to move from New Jersey to Nampa, Idaho, but I am kind of worry about job opportunities over there..

Asked by abmolian, Yardville, NJ Wed Sep 18, 2013

Answers

4
Jim Paulson, Agent, Boise, ID
Thu Sep 19, 2013
The job market has reallly improved over the past two years to where we are having job fairs again to help fill positions. In previous years, those job fairs were monopolized with various multi level marketing companies and sales positions, but now there have good paying management jobs as well.

With your background in E-commerce - you should have an easier time getting your foot in the door and hopefully rapid promotions from there.

Best of luck!
Jim
Well I think moving to Idaho will be the best for me and my family! Any idea of how much it will cost a 2bd. apartment or house in a good School district it does not matter if is Nampa or Meridian? Also What is the difference between these two cities? Schools?
Flag Fri Sep 20, 2013
Sharon Walker, Agent, Boise, ID
Wed Sep 18, 2013
I have lived in the Treasure Valley, what our area is called, my entire life. We started out as a farming community and over the years have had quite a few well know businesses get their start in our area. There is a very positive outlook for our area in terms of growth and industry. I would do some online search about jobs, business coming into our area, etc. that would give you an idea of what is available here in Boise and the surrounding area. If you could let me know what type of work you would be looking for, I could send you links to those types of jobs or get you going in the right direction. We have a wide variety of industries in our area and we are experiencing some great growth in retail, restaurants. We have computer industries, three major hospitals in the area and more companies coming or considering a move to Boise.

Another thing that you might want to consider is the difference in lifestyle and cost of living when compared to where you are coming from. That might make a big difference in what you feel you would need to make to live comfortably here as opposed to New Jersey.

There are many things to consider when making a move, especially one that is across the country. I think you would be surprised what you might find here. If you haven't visited our area yet, I would recommend you come and see what we have to offer. If you do come to town, let me know and I can take you around and give you a tour of our area.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions. You can also visit my website at http://www.findboiserealestate.com.
Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your answer! I went one year ago to Meridian, and from the moment the airplane was landing I loved Idaho! huge difference compared to New Jersey. Cost of living is extremely low and people.... You guys are amazing! I already did my homework on crimes, schools and activities Idaho offers and I just need a little push to take my decision. I had been living in NJ for 9 years and I am an E-commerce fulfillment order Specialist for FTD. I have a BA degree overseas and I would look for something Administrative/Clerical or Manufacturing Industries Jobs.
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013
Juanita Glau…, Agent, Meridian, ID
Wed Sep 18, 2013
That is always a concern when considering a move. I'll share with you that Nampa and surrounding cities such as Meridian have seen significant growth in the retail arena. Home building has also begun again, and is quite strong in the area. I'll direct you to a Manpower Employment Outlook Survey for our area for details about expected job growth. http://press.manpower.com/reports/2013/healthy-job-market-ex…

Cut and paste the URL into your browser and check out their statistics. Hope this helps, and if you do decide to make the move, or would like to have home listings sent to you so that you can get a pulse on the housing market, don't hesitate to call or email and I can get that search set up for you in the MLS. My direct email is JuanitaSellsHomes@gmail.com. Best of luck in your decision to move!
munruhh, , Seattle, WA
Tue Mar 11, 2014
Let me give you an answer from someone other than a broker. I grew up in that area and lived in both Boise and Meridian. I left years ago to obtain better employment but still have many family members in the valley. Judging from my very old experience and their current experience, I would suggest that you not even consider relocating unless you have a job offer in hand. The employment picture is not as rosy as indicated in other responses. Micron is there, Albertsons closed down, HP is continuing to cut back and there is just not that much industry located there. I do not find the cost of living that much less that other areas in the northwest and apartments seem hard to come by and relatively expensive for the area. If you pursue this further, I would suggest you only consider Meridian or Boise, not Nampa or Caldwell.