I am considering investing in residential and commercial units in Humble, Cypress, Spring area. Any idea on?

Asked by Sunil Malkani, California Wed Aug 13, 2008

rates per sq ft and also rent rates?

Answers

4
Greg Lyles, , Atlanta, GA
Fri Dec 10, 2010
The first question you need to ask yourself is how much do you know about real estate investing? It all sounds glamorous but you can lose plenty if you don't know what you're doing.

What are comparable rents in the area?
What are vacancy rates in the area?
Will the property provide a positive cash flow net of appreciation?
What kind of financing is available?
Are you ready to be a landlord?

I would suggest joining a local real estate investors club first to learn about the ups and downs of real estate investing before jumping into it yourself.
Web Reference:  http://conradlyles.com
Amanda Nicod…, Agent, Spring, TX
Fri Dec 10, 2010
Residential properties in Humble, Cypress and Spring are very affordable if you're considering investing in this area. Price per square foot varies depending on the location, condition of property, age of the home, etc. If you're looking for foreclosures, price per square foot starts at $40/sf. Non foreclosures properties range from $65/sf and up.
As far as commercial units, I am not familiar with the pricing on commercial, but I can refer you to a commercial agent.
Feel free to send me an email (just click on my photo for contact information) or call me directly and I'll be glad to provide you with more information.
Web Reference:  http://www.amandahomes.com
Tony H, Both Buyer And Seller, 77379
Sat Nov 8, 2008
Hi Sunil:

Take a look at our website to see actual numbers (not theoretical) on rentals.

I have seen foreclosures for sale (that may need some work done though) as low as $36 per sq. foot !!!

I have not had that much experience in commercial, all I can tell you is that driving around the streets there are a lot of vacancies in may of the newer built strip malls.

Good luck on your investment goals.
Web Reference:  http://tx.pcfproperties.net
Janine Love, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Commercial rates will vary pending on where you purchase (high traffic/low traffic, etc) and what type of building, etc. Residential rental rates as well as price per square foot ranges depending on subdivision, age of home, etc. The best way to purchase a rental home is to try to purchase homes in better school districts and desireable subdivisions and purchasing either a foreclosure or a home at a great price so your rate of return on the home is good. Other considerations are the condition of the home when you purchase it. Will you consider a little work on a home to get it ready for renting or no work in the beginning, just purchase and rent? We have worked for investors for over 15 years, and would be happy to help you in your current venture.