Emry Kennedy, Home Buyer in Mid-City, New Orleans,...

I am considering buying a condo @1205 St. Charles. what do you think about this complex and area?

Asked by Emry Kennedy, Mid-City, New Orleans, LA Sun Jun 10, 2012

Answers

8
Small apartments, Very close to downtown
Oops. Posted to the wrong question... A friend lived in 1205 St. Charles while doing her residency and said she could hear her neighbors through the walls. Otherwise, It is a great location-- convenient to many things locals love about the City. There are a couple of condo buildings with fewer units close by that may be a good fit for you. For example, 1115 Prytania Street is a historic building around the corner from 1205 St. Charles that is solid brick -- I lived there for 8 years and really enjoyed the convenience of the location coupled with the smaller 12-unit community.
Great location! Consider what you desire and what is most important to you:
1) Location
2) Proximity to fun...restaurants, etc.
3) Proximity to work
4) Your long and short term goals if you make a purchase.
email me i can tell you about it, realtorcraig@cox.net
Web Reference: http://www.mbellrealty.com
I am one of the agents representing the building across the street at 1224 St Charles so I'm very familiar w. the area. I think it's great bc you're Uptown and directly on the streetcar line but can walk to downtown easily.

It can be tricky to get financing for that building. If you email me at cmang@latterblum.com or call 504.251.0385 I can explain more.
Great location...hope you are getting a parking space that is adequate for your needs.
Email me and I can explain the pros and cons and how to evaluate a condo purchase including:
1) How long do you plan on owning?
2) How much down payment are you considering?
3) Do you want high ceilings and other historic feel to a condo?

These are but a few questions to consider.

email: ian70119@yahoo.com
APTS ARE QUITE SMALL . Area very convenient to downtown shopping and streetcar to uptown areas. Check it out personally . There is no substitute to a personnal check .
You should really, really speak with others that ACTUALLY livive in the building and the area