Tom Cho, Home Buyer in Parker, CO

I am considering buying a Toll Brothers house in Tyllan's Reach area. I am planning to live there for at

Asked by Tom Cho, Parker, CO Sat Dec 15, 2007

least 5-7years. I am wondering how I get a good deal from Toll Brothers and how good elemantary schools as well as community. I appreciate your advice. Thanks.

I'm not a realtor. I'm a Toll home buyer in the midwest. I thought I'd tell you that we have been very disappointed with the quality of craftmanship and with the type of finishing materials used in our house. We found that the base carpet, padding, cabinets, were extremely low quality--not at all what one would expect from a supposedly high end builder. We had to upgrade many things to get the quality we wanted, at considerable expense (at least $100 K in upgrades). We found out that each recessed light would cost us $250 !! ($250 for one recessed lite--the kind you can get at Lowes and install yourself for < $20). Even despite the upgrades, we have plastic toilet paper roll bars in the master bath, one acrylic towel bar in a master bath intended for 2 people, the cheapest and ugliest acrylic lite fixture in a breakfast nook that you ever saw, and really low-end fixtures elsewhere. The carpentry work (door trim, window trim) was full of gashes and cracks from careless workers, the third upgrade kitchen cabinets ($5000K) all had gouges or scratches or noticeable nicks in them (every drawer inset in the kitchen needed to be sanded), gaps were missing in some woodwork, and we had at least 80 other poor quality or sloppy things on our punch list. If Toll paid more attention to delivering a quality product and ensuring good craftmanship, I think our experience would have been better. By the way, we hired a home inspector to monitor construction, we visited the site frequently, we got to know the project manager and really worked with him in a nice way, and we still had a bad experience. I think Toll simply oversells the quailty of the product, and doesn't pay attention to ensuring that the customer gets what he pays for.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 5, 2008

I conduct a lot of my business in new construction specifically in the South Metro area. My experience with Toll Brothers has been pretty straight forward as compared to many other builders. Getting the best deal will depend on how you would like to structure any incentives that they offer. This could include upgrades, financing and price reductions. As you may already know the best deals are usually on inventory homes. Builders have no real incentive to loose money on a home that isn’t built.

Keep in mind that you may be able to get a better deal on the same or similar floor plan at a different location. In this case Toll is building at Beacon Point & Pine Bluffs both of which are pretty close to Tallyn’s Reach. I would be happy to share my experience at each of these locations with you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2007
Hi Tom,
We are thinking of selling our Toll Brothers home. Our home has a beautiful view, backs to open space with a lot of ponderosa pine trees. The floor plan is very open with many upgrades: cherry floors, cherry cabinets, 8 ft cherry doors, 10 ft ceilings in the basement, walkout basement, open beams, ect. Close to schools. Please e-mail if interested. You will love this area! Lots of wildlife too!
Tom: Toll Brothers: High Quality Builder. For School Reports:

Kathryn Carlson, Licensed Real Estate Broker Owner ,
Bachelor of Science, Realtor, Accredited. Luxury Home Specialist, e-Pro Certified
Memberships: National Association of Realtors,
Colorado Association of Realtors, Denver Board of Realtors, Council of Residential Specialists,
Council of Luxury Home Specialists, Colorado Mortgage Holding Company, Licensed HUD Broker, Denver Metrolist
Homes and Lifestyles of Colorado
Finding Your Place Called Home
Cell (720) 226-8199 - Direct (303) 816-9199 - Fax (303) 845-9938
Special Offers, Daily Home Lists, and
Market Conditions:
9 Divisions to Serve You:
Luxury Home Living - City Living - Mountain Living -Condo & Town Home Living -
Farm & Country Living - Relocation/First Time Home Buyers - REO Bank Owned & Short Sales -
Income & Investment - Land.

Spring Specials:
* Your Home Sold in 90 Days or $1,000 to You.
* 2.6% Total to Sell Your Home (if you are planning on Buying).

Over 30 Years of Combined Company Experience of Tech/ and Real Estate Sales.
Serving the Entire Denver Metro Region & the Mountains.
Thank Your for Your Referrals of Friends & Family - They are the Life of Our Business.
Hi, Tom- I sold new homes in Tallyn's Reach (when Writer Homes was around- they were bought by Standard Pacific). GREAT CHOICE- I always loved that neighborhood. While I'm now in NY, my daughter is still in Colorado, and also looked there. She mentioned that Toll Brothers wasn't offering incentives comparable to other builders (they also loved the homes). Have you checked into resales in Tallyns? The Writer homes were located up by the pool- some great floorplans, and the best location in the community. Good luck- I'm jealous. If I ever return to Colorado, I'll be looking at Tallyn's Reach, as well!
Web Reference:
I represent your interests only as your b Buyer's Agent. New Toll Brothers homes are being heavily discounted. I can tell you if they are giving you the maximum discount, as I have sold 6 TollBrothers homes this past year and know exactly what they are giving back. Tallyn's Reach is in the Cherry Creek school district, which is among the highest rated schools in Colorado.

Also, in addition to their discount, I refund to you at closing $3000 of my comission. Would love to represent you as your Buyer's Agent.

Direct: 303-933-2700
Tom, I am in contract to close on a toll brothers house in may. I am trying to get out of the deal or I will close and resale. I have lot 71. I recieved great incentives. I would be willing to let you take over the contract or buy it from me at what I have paid into it. It is a one acre lot backs to open space. IF interested my e-mail is
Thank you for your advise. You are absolutely right. They don't have any intention to give out further price cut or upgrades on top of the current incentive because it starts from an empty lot.
One of the services that I provide is a free market analysis for my clients which includes information on local districts. My office is centrally located downtown, and I am very familiar with the Tyllan's Ranch area. If you would like to stop on in, we could go over what you are specifically looking for and figure out a plan to save you the greatest amount of money on your purchase. Now is an excellent market to purchase in, and a great time to make a fantastic investment. Let's get together and see what we can do.
The ammenities in this subdivision are almost without match. I just got off the Toll Brother's web site, and I will forward to you a bit that I thought would interest you.
"As a part of the nearly 1,000 acre master planned community of Tallyn's Reach, featuring over 200 acres of open space, miles of walking trails and convenient access to E-470 and major shopping and employment centers in south Denver, The Vistas at Tallyn's Reach has something for everyone! The Vistas showcases spectacular mountain views and is within walking distance to the community's six-lane swimming pool, tennis courts, park and clubhouse.

Gil Vazquez
Web Reference:

You do want to find an agent familiar with Tallyn's Reach area. Toll Brothers has talked with my company numerous times on what they have to offer to the home buyer. Really to get the best possible deal it helps to have a REALTOR working with you. Feel free to email if you like. Just click on my website link and send me an email.

Here is another link that can help you regarding school info. Specifically this is the link for cherry creek school district

And here is a link for Demographics information: The State Demography Office is the primary state agency for population and demographic information. If you have more questions feel free to email or call me. Bill Fung
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2007
Find an agent that has worked in there, they will know just how good of a deal you can get. Year end for most builders is Jan 31st it seems, so if they have a spec home they want off their books for year end you may just be in luck, and a low offer might just be taken. As far as schools, a good agent will refer you to the web for info, because what is a good school for one person might be a bad school to the next. So all you can really go on is the rankings from the state board of education or other sources that rank schools.
Web Reference: http://www.a;
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2007