I am considering a purchase in Oldsmar, Florida. It is a 1300 sq ft condo, single story end unit, in

Asked by Linn, Tampa, FL Wed Aug 6, 2008

foreclosure. My research shows homes on the street going for 115 a square foot. I am thinking 100 to stay ahead of a 16% drop in prices over the last year. Thoughts?

Answers

3
Michael Cepa…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Aug 6, 2008
Linn, I would have to agree with Martha. You would be wise to use a Realtor, which should not cost you anything. Is the home forecloesed or is it in the process of being foreclosed? Will it be a short sale? Lots of questions to answer, before you can get a good answer on your question, sorry. I would be more then happy to assist you, just let me know. Thanks.
Mike Ceparano, 813-417-6698
ceppym@yahoo.com
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Wed Aug 6, 2008
Martha's answer is right on the money--consult a local realtor and you will have the best chance of getting the best deal, and it won't cost you any more--you actually will probably do better!
Web Reference:  http://www.MykeTriebold.com
., , Clearwater Beach, FL
Wed Aug 6, 2008
There is usually more to value than $ per sq ft. Condition of the unit, upgrades or not & location all play into the mix. End units are usually worth more than interior units. A Realtor familiar with the market in Oldsmar can help you. $100 per sq for an opening bd may not be a bad place to start unless the units selling at $115 were in poor condition and this is in mint condition.