I am confused about zip code of 92585. Which city does this belong? Menifee, Sun City or Romoland? I noticed some property listed as Menifee or Sun

Asked by Investor, Murrieta, CA Tue Jun 25, 2013

City while the tax record show Romoland? What happened ? Menifee, Sun City sounds better ?

Answers

5
Cynthia Neme…, , Menifee, CA
Wed Jun 26, 2013
The majority of the zip code 92585 has been incorporated into the "City of Menifee".
Den & Deb Ph…, Agent, Temecula, CA
Wed Jun 26, 2013
The zip code of 92585 was originally Romoland. But 3 years ago, the City of Menifee annexed the Romoland area. So it is Romoland, in the City of Menifee. Just like Belmont Shore or Lakewood is in the City of Long Beach.

If someone has the 92585 zip code, they will still receive mail if it is addressed to Menifee, Sun City or Romoland.

Hope this is helpful to you!
Bill & Linda…, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Wed Jun 26, 2013
The incorporation included Sun City, Menifee, Quail Valley and parts of Romoland. The zip code data base shows 92585 as Sun City.
Pedro Chevez, Agent, Corona, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Portions of Romoland where incorporated with Menifee! Its extremely confusing. I live in the 92585 zip code and my mail comes as Sun City or Romoland and not Menifee!
Jay Palmquist, , Menifee, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Menifee includes several zip codes now, including at least 92585, 86, and 84. Sun City, Menifee, and Romoland (and other areas) were unincorporated areas before 2008. Now they're all collectively referred to as Menifee.

Except that the "Sun City" zip code of 92586 is a well-defined and recognized area, and the zip code still shows up on maps as "Sun City." Never mind the Sun City Post Office has not adopted the Menifee name ...yet.

Regarding the property I am investigating, tax info showed Sun City until 2012 started to show Romoland. How to interpret this? If it shows Menifee, it makes sense to me given the incorporation in 2008. Will Menifee imply higher value than Sun City or Romoland when you sell the property ? Thanks !
Flag Tue Jun 25, 2013