I am buying a house direct from the owner. What must be done to insure the deal is clean and legal?

Asked by Bort4653, 33776 Wed Mar 2, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Steven Pahl, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Mar 25, 2011
If you choose not to use an attorney or Realtor, at the very minimum:

1. Have the seller complete a sellers disclosure.
2. Hire a home inspector to do a complete inside and outside inspection.
3. Hire a Termite inspector to do a complete inspection, not just a visual walk around. Do not have the home
inspector do this.
4. Use a title company of your choosing to complete the actual closing to insure there are no "clouds" on the
title, and purchase title insurance.
5. Do not give the seller a "deposit" directly, use the title company to hold the money until closing.
6. Have the property surveyed to insure there are no property encroachments.
7. Insure all household items attached to the physical structure are written into the contract and convey with
the property. Otherwise the entire kitchen, bathrooms,light fixtures ...etc may disappear.
8. Do a walk through of the property the day before or morning of closing to insure the property is in the
same condition as when you signed the purchase contract.
9. Reconsider if you are thinking of not using an attorney or Realtor.

Best of luck!

Steven J. Pahl e-PRO
Keller Williams Tampa Properties

813-319-6423 Office
813-763-7245 Cell


Referrals Welcome !
Web Reference:  http://www.StevenPahl.com
12 votes
Thanks for such a clear honest answer. You are a rare gem in your industry!
Flag Thu Apr 27, 2017
We appreciate the information you've given. The original owners of our home are making a change in the security interest holder of our home, your insight helped us to ask additional questions in regards to this process. Thank you! Angela
Flag Wed Apr 19, 2017
Best honest simple answer. great job Steve
Flag Wed Jan 4, 2017
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Wow! a few of you are a bit off on this, If the owner is selling without the use of a Real Estate Agent, then by no means is the Realtor who helps the Buyer going to get a commission from the seller, that cost would be on the shoulders of the buyer, and since it would be, then it is best that they spend that money wisely and hire not a Realtor but a Real Estate Attorney. legal issues may arise, in which case they would have the advantage of full legal advice from an Attorney. I am shocked that some of you answered this question with hire a Realtor, it will not cost you anything. That Answer is totally incorrect and a few of you need to go back to your old course manual and read that section over. This is a for sale by owner, and unless the owner agreed to pay any kind of commission for a buyer agent, the cost of that agent would be the burden of the buyer!
9 votes
Thats correct as a realtor myself and as any other realtor will tell you it's all about getting listings from sellers you do not make that much money at all from buyers only few here in between. It would be your best to hire an attorney that is very familiar with the state local laws but more importantly to hire an attorney who specializes in real estate. But there are also some very knowledgeable attorneys out here that are very knowledgeable and capable of doing so without having to be just a real estate attorney that I do know of it's just up to what you prefer but I would recommend a real estate attorney if you do not know an attorney that well. If nothing else there are buyer sellers purchase agreements documents that you can look up online and print out and document everything that comes with the property and home. The purchase agreement is a legal binding document now I have your attorney look it over before finalizing and closing and do not give any money to hold put in escrow
Flag Mon Oct 23, 2017
what you talking about ? I would like to see your license mr. Gerard Carney
Flag Tue Jun 28, 2016
gabrielah7, Home Buyer, 32606
Sun Nov 3, 2013
Wow, really? What I see below is a big pile of scare tactics propagated by realtors desperate to maintain the illusion that they are indispensable. I've bought several houses directly from the seller in FL and CA and never had a problem with those. On the other hand, I ended up as a defendant in a lawsuit for hundreds of thousands of dollars even after doing everything the "right" way, due to the negligence of certain real estate professionals (one title agent who paid off the wrong lender by mistake [to a slimy real estate investor who pocketed the money and disappeared to Colombia] and another who wrote a title policy on a clouded title without actually doing the research).

Of course there are always people out there trying to take advantage of others, particularly in the real estate investor community in Tampa Bay (unfortunately I know this from personal experience). If you are buying from an investor, I would definitely recommend using your own real estate lawyer. If you are buying directly from a regular homeowner who lives in the house and doesn't own investment property, your chances are greater that it's going to be an OK deal. How much assistance you need depends on your level of knowledge and comfort with the process.

In any case, once you've identified a property and agreed on the terms of the sale, you've already done the majority of the realtor's job, why would you want to take on that expense? A real estate lawyer would be able to take care of the red tape for you in case you are not familiar with the process, and would charge a flat fee rather than a commission.

KUDOS to Steven Pahl and Gerard Carney for giving genuine advice.

SHAME on Gteam Real Estate Services, Agent, San Jose, CA for yourself-serving, deprecatory comment! Who would want to work with someone who is so scornful?
3 votes
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Mar 24, 2011
You will want to retain a Real Estate Attorney, The Attorney will be working in your best interest and will make sure the transaction is completely on the up and up. Never purchase a home without the help of a Realtor, Licensed Agent, or a Real Estate Attorney. Since the owner is selling the house on their own, it will be up to you to pay for your own representation, and since this will require legal advice, please be sure to hire an Attorney at this point, it will cost a few hundred to as much as a few thousand dollars but you will be best protected in any case.
3 votes
michele cado…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Hire an attorney and get a home inspection done on the property.
3 votes
JoANN Guercio, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Fri Mar 25, 2011
Hire a professional realtor and quit trying to get free advice, you will get what you pay for
2 votes
crappy answer
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Mar 24, 2011
How are financing the home? I am sure your lender has a whole package of documents that will need to be notorized and should be reviewed by a lawyer.
What kind of document is the seller presenting that proves he has the right to sell the home? How do you know he is the legal owner? Why in the world would you think a real estate agent would not save you a whole lot of sleepless nights?

David Cooper Las Vegas Foreclosure Investor for Cash Flow Houses. FReee List +1-7024997037 davidcooper@lasvegaswinner.org not a real estate agent
2 votes
scott farmer, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Mar 9, 2011

You should have an attorney review the agreement prior to signing anything. Do a home inspection before going to an attorney to make sure the property is in a condition you can live with. Have a title company give you a preliminary title report and make sure the home is insurable and there isn't a history of mold or something in the past five years that may change your mind about buying it. Check the city for permits and zoning on any additions, renovation work etc.. If there is a septic system get a certification and pump done. If there is a well I'd check that out. If there is a large amount of land with the home perhaps a survey. Or, you could hire an agent to help you navigate the deal.

Good luck,

Sandy Farmer
Realtor, GRI, CSSN
John Hall & Associates
Web Reference:  http://homesales411.com
2 votes
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Sun Mar 27, 2011
It is a good Idea to have an agent represent you even if the home is for sale by owner.
In most cases the seller will be ok with paying the half commission.
Then your agent works for you keeping the deal legal.
1 vote
, ,
Fri Mar 25, 2011
The best way is to ensure you have proper legal representation. In the even there is a dispute you will want some sort of dispute resolution meaning spell out how disputes willbe handled, who will pay and whether final arbitration will be used rather than litigation.
Many problems arise during a purchase so although you may feel comfortable with the seller I highly recommend you get proper representation either from a Realtor® or a real estate attorney. Since a seller customarily pays for the buyers real estate agent this is the least expensive route. However a real estate attorney can also help but you will pay their fee.
Failure to do either can result in litigation costs that can escalate into the tens of thousands if not more in legal fees. Unless you are an experienced real estate investor with experience in real estate contracts I do not recommend you go it alone so this is a good question to be asking. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new home!
1 vote
Steven Pacch…, Agent, Howard Beach, NY
Fri Mar 25, 2011
get a good lawyer. Also, you should of used a RE agent, so they could supply you with comps from the area so you know what the going prices are. But, as you doing it alone, get a good lawyer, have the house checked out by an engineer, trrmite inspector, etc.
1 vote
Lol dumbest answer here. So you're supposed to pay thousands of dollars to a RE agent to do a simple comp search...
Flag Mon Jun 12, 2017
Get-smart, , Durham, NC
Thu Mar 24, 2011
the deal should be closing through an attorney. you can also have an attorney to represent you on your side of the transaction.
1 vote
Vlaho Baletin, Agent, Elmhurst, NY
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Hire a Realtor.Not because I am the Realtor, but for your savings and who knows more about the particular property than local Realtor. You don't need to pay us and we can save you money in this case.
Second you should hire Real Estate Attorney.
Good luck .
1 vote
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Have you already signed the agreement of sale ? You should not sign anything without having an attorney look at it ? But if it is too late , you can still talk to an attorney and the attorney will guide you about title insurance, and hire the attorney to come to settlement. Go to http://www.hud.gov .There are resources for buyers including names of lenders. Talk to lenders.Compare apples to apples and apply for a mortgage.I hope your agreement calls for a home inspection. If you have not yet put the offer in writing make sure you have inspection contingencies,mortgage contingency and also be familiar with real estate law in your state so you know about closing costs and what the seller is expected to pay. Buying a house is probably the biggest investment you will make and you should really not do it without the help of an agent and attorney.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
1 vote
John Enright, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Not using an informed agent to represent your best interests can cost you thousands, obligate you to terms that are misunderstood, and place you at a severe disadvantage once a contract is ratified. If you are not using an informed agent but are confident that the general terms to which you are agreeing are fair you should at the very least hire a knowledgable real estate attorney to thoroughly review the contract and advise you of the rights and obligations required of parties to a real estate transaction in your state. "Standard forms" are written with the expectation that those who use them are informed of the statutes that govern the transfer of real estate and add to contract terms accordingly. What may be missing from a contract can be more important than what is included. Why would you not use an agent? I'm sure there are a good number available.
1 vote
Mark Neighbor, , McDonough, GA
Fri Mar 18, 2011
Most sellers are ok but you must protect yourself from the ones that might not be so great. Have an attorney write up the doc's and buy title insurance. Understand the difference between lease Purchase Owner fianacing and owner financed for the entire loand perod. Know if the home is paid off or does it have any underlying loans?
1 vote
Sang Roche, Agent, Arlington, VA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
There are few things must be done using either title company or a real estate lawyer which they will provide the settlement for both seller and the buyer. Settlement is when property is legally transfers to the new owner. To convey real property title has to be free and clear with encumbrance of the easement of heirs which is called "title search". There are transaction fees and property tax have to pay to the county/state which the property you are purchasing. I highly recommend using a real estate agent. Fee seller pay to real estate agent is for these work. Realtor will take care of arranging all these so seller and buyer will be simply attend just settlement and convey key to the property. If seller already have the confirm buyer, agent will be more than happy to accept the lower fee. Normally 6% so 3% will be more than reasonable to arrange the process.
1 vote
Justin Ruzic…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Tue Mar 15, 2011
In the state of florida, you want to make sure you as the buyer uses the most up to date Purchase and sale contract, it has the most protection for buyers. In terms of other suggestions, inspections, inspections, inspections, and sellers disclosure...you want them to complete a sellers disclosure statement, and give you ample time for inspections. You want to inspect for Chinese Drywall, Electrical, Well/septic, Structural, Roof, just to name a few. You might spend $1000+ to get all these inspections done, but spending the money today to find a lemon you don't want is money well spent. In terms of Closing, find a Title Company, there fees are minimal and a MUST, i know buyers want to save every possible place they can but Title Insurance and confirmation of clear title is a no brainer.

here is a blog i did on buying the home of your dreams.
1 vote
Sergio Herna…, , Naples, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Hire a Realtor, a lawyer, or both.
Web Reference:  http://www.golftobeach.com
1 vote
Jim Paulson, Agent, Boise, ID
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Congrats on making the commitment to buy a home. Regardless if it is direct from the owner or via an agent there are several critical steps.

1) Clean. I am not sure what you mean by this. What is clean to a seller is not always what is perceived as clean by the buyer. That is where a good Realtor can sort out a win/win situation. I have closed hundreds of transactions and even ones for the same client were never the same because each home and transaction is unique.
2) Legal: This is the world of the Attorney. Agents like me can show you what is customary and perceived to be the norm; however, keep in mind that class action attorneys make their living by finding large groups of people going along with the crowd only to find out later that it wasn't legal!

In my humble opinion, any time you ask what appears to be a simple question and you get so many different answers like you have on this site, it is time to ask for professional guidance! Free advice sometimes is worth what you paid for it!

Best of luck!
1 vote
, ,
Thu Mar 10, 2011

It sounds as if you have already entered into a contract, and that it's possibly already been executed. The next step would be for the contract to be receipted at the title company. The title company would provide all parties a title commitment as a result of the title search. This will identify who is currently vested on title, and what liens are outstanding, such as a mortgage company, taxes, or any other party. The title commitment will also provide the cost for the title policy and any and all endorsements to it. However, since you are dealing directly with the Seller, you will have to specifically order a title policy. Generally, this is not requested because the Buyer does not realize the importance of it. The title policy insures that title is being transferred without any encumbrances or exceptions and provides indemnification for loss by encumbrance, defects of title, or adverse claim to title. As a result, the title company insures that this transfer is being done by the appropriate Seller to the Buyer. If you were dealing with a full-time real estate professional, he/she would advise you that the only way to "insure the deal is clean and legal" is to hire them.

I hope that this helps!

All the best!


Dianne Y. Ayala Steffey, MBA, CLU, ChFC, NMLS#267658
Your Personal Mortgage Consultant for Life!
Sterling Mortgage Services NMLS#373771
2929 Mossrock, Ste 222
San Antonio, TX 78230
210.349.1544 fax
210.831.8749 cell http://www.sterlingloans.biz
dianne@sterlingloans.biz ..
1 vote
Allison Klein, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Thu Mar 10, 2011
Find a realtor. On the buy side it is free for you so why would you not want to use one? It just doesn't make any sense.

Web Reference:  http://allisonkleinhomes.com
1 vote
not free when the seller refuses to pay closing costs :(
Flag Tue Dec 6, 2016
Connie De Gr…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Mar 9, 2011
Buying a home is HUGE. You don't want to embark on this without having enough information. Things you need to think about:
1. The contract between yourself and the seller
2. Inspections to be sure you know what you are buying
3. Financing
4. Is the price right? You need to look at comps to be sure you are buying at a good price. Just because something looks inexpensive, doesn't mean that it actually is a good deal.

The Seller, who most likely is not experienced in the transferring of real estate, probably doesn't know what to tell you and what not to promise so beware. You should have someone help you in this transaction. Be smart.
1 vote
Antoinette G…, Agent, Wethersfield, CT
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Find a Realtor to get comparable prices for other homes in the neighborhood then make an offer that's based on comparable prices in the neighborhood and not the seller list price. Ask the seller to show you the disclosure statement that lists the condition of the property, be sure to ask the owners specific questions about the property. It's Very important to have an attorney to look over contracts before signing. After signing Hire a excellent Home Inspector. Depending on the results on the inspection report, you might want to re-negotiate the purchase price or negotiate to get some or most of the repairs done. Your real estate attorney will handle your closing. I wish you all the Best in your home buying process.
1 vote
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Thu Mar 3, 2011
Hi, I would defintely have an attorney review the contract and guide you on the laws that govern your area. Otherwise you may not know your rights and properly protect yourself if something goes wrong.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
Web Reference:  http://raveis.com/chrispagli
1 vote
Darla Schroe…, Agent, Madeira Beach, FL
Thu Mar 3, 2011
I agree with all of the answers. Additional disclosures that my office frequently use depending on the situation include a Seller's Property Disclosure (a questionnaire the seller fills out disclosing any known defects); Sinkhole Disclosure; Mold Addendum; Condominium Association Disclosure; Short Sale Addendum; Lead-Based Paint Warning; Inspection and/or Appraisal Contingency; Environmental disclosure; and Property Tax Disclosure among others. Also, there are specific addendum if FHA or VA financing is involved. A Realtor or Real Estate Attorney can provide the best protection and an Owner's Title policy from a reputable company is a must. Good luck on your home purchase!

Darla Schroeder, Realtor, CIPS, GRI, e-PRO
1 vote
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Dear Bort,
If you do not have an agent to protect you, I would recommend an attorney who specalizes in Real Estate.
1 vote
Dp2, , Virginia
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Make sure you're working with a good escrow company, and possible a real-estate attorney too.
1 vote
Merle Huber, , Saint Pete Beach, FL
Wed Mar 2, 2011
FYI: In Florida it is customary that the Seller picks the closing company and also pays for Owner's Title Insurance Policy however everything is negotiable so make sure it is indicated in your contract.
1 vote
Linda Lorenzo, Agent, McKinney, TX
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Unless you have already signed a contract you should ask if the owner will cooperate with a real estate agent - this would be in your best interest. Most for sale by owners expect to pay a buyer's agent. If they say no then you definitely need some legal counsel to go over the contract.
1 vote
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Wed Mar 2, 2011
have an attorney review the contract before you sign it and have a title company do the closing. Make sure you get title insurance.
1 vote
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Title Insurance. Good Luck!
1 vote
Aaron.le, Home Buyer, Seminole, FL
Thu Nov 16, 2017
Come on!!! You dont need a realtor, whats all this realtor tambling about getting an agent.
Bought b sold manh homes without one here.

Many sites you can use to justify comparables. Look at re ent sold wthin 3-6months. Factor in condition of property, factor in that seller not paying 5% commision. Then negotiate a price where seller happy n you are happy

Use a locat title company to mediate the transaction.

I skip on home inpsection since i know what to look for, i skip on termite too. Alot of repairs are done by me.

Sign a purchase contract on agreed price.

Get a loan! Thats it
0 votes
Kennerreddy11, Home Owner, Kenner, LA
Tue Oct 17, 2017
i buying a cond for cash from owner
0 votes
flyfisher, Home Buyer, San Francisco, CA
Wed Sep 27, 2017
If its in California, this company does it for a pretty low flat fee: http://www.directsale-re.com

Probably cheaper than an attorney.
0 votes
Ssnoggie, Home Buyer, Seminole, FL
Sun Feb 26, 2017
I am buying a house directly from the owner. He is drawing up the contract. What other paperwork should I have. I will be giving him a big down payment. And a monthly mortgage payment that covers taxes and insurance.
0 votes
Lana McDonald, Agent, South Pasadena, FL
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Unless you are familiar with Florida Law and how a real estate transaction is conducted in the State of Florida, you are probably taking a chance.

You can do a couple of things ... make sure you are using an attorney or title company to close the transaction, and that you will be receiving a "warranty deed" meaning you will receive a Title Insurance Policy. This is the only real insurance you are receiving a "clear and free title".

In the State of Florida, the seller normally pays for the title insurance policy.

Good Luck,
0 votes
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Thu May 5, 2011
Get an inspection. Also why not use a realtor? it costs you nothing.

Otherwise pay for an attorney.

Make sure you avoid disasters like Chinese drywall... here is my blog on the topic

0 votes
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Mar 26, 2011
Hey Bort4653 with all the foreclosures in Seminole FL, either the house you are buying direct from the owner is the steal of a lifetime, at least 20% below any comps, or you are being taken. It just doesn't make sense when there are so many listed foreclosures, some bank owner, where a real estate agent can represent you and bargain down the price close to what an owner would ask in this tough sales enviornment.
I predict you will have buyer's remorse the day you take possession, wondering what better deals with agents you npassed up

David Cooper Las Vegas Foreclosure Houses for Investors Cash Flow FReee List +1-7024997037
not a real estate agent David Cooper@lasvegaswinner.rog
0 votes
Bob Brubaker, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Fri Mar 25, 2011
Bart - "clean and legal " should mean that the deal thats constructed gives the seller a fair
return for selling a property to a buyer offering fair price and terms! Only professionals involved in
the transfer of property could know the elements of "fair and clean" and work the deal! Think about it!
Any sale of a piece of Real Estate involves a vwritten contract Who should you rely on for this?
What are the price ,terms and conditions? Who is going to draft language that reflects the intentions
of the parties to the contract?
What is the buyer trying to buy? What is the seller trying to sell ? Only the proper searches can assure
fairness Only professionals would know what to cover. Who establishes the value of the property to
determine a "fair Price " ? What are formal appraisals ? Who is going to provide one?
What is the condition of the property? Only professionals can report for sure .
In most states these and other issues are addressed in industry approved contract formats so in
completing these the parties have to consider the answers to such questions and then secure the
talent required resolve any uncertainties. Alot of what Realtors do revolves around organizing the
different professionals for complete update on what's involved : for attorney review and /or the
parties to finalize with a closing. For some reason buyers and sellers often want to down-play the
seriousness of their transactions. To answer your question :Employ professionals ! This not a
"do it yourself business" The seller and the buyer should each have their own counsel and good
professional information for all parties to review! Good Luck! Do it right- Don't do it! Hire your
professional team to represent you! Good Luck!

Web Reference:  http://pbc-realcam.com
0 votes
Maria Kolje…, Agent, Little Neck, NY
Fri Mar 25, 2011
The best way is to ensure you have proper legal representation. A real estate attorney is a MUST. Since he/she can advise you and protect you.
0 votes
Kevin T. Woo…, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Fri Mar 25, 2011
I would research and get an refrral on a local agent that is dependable and professional to assist you in your Real Estate needs.
0 votes
Anja Kerstens, Agent, Morgan Hill, CA
Fri Mar 25, 2011

I would not get any lawyer, but a Real Estate Lawyer who has a good reputation. If you represent yourself you want to make sure that there are no unpleasant surprises in the near future for you. Make sure you get the property inspected as well. Even if the house is "as is" you still want to make sure that you have an estimate of the cost for repairs and that there are no hidden problems.

Good luck.

Anja Kerstens, CHS®, ASP® REALTOR®
Silicon Valley
0 votes
Elio Acosta, Agent, Bronx, NY
Thu Mar 24, 2011
I agree with what everyone is saying on hiring a REALTOR. Although, to make things clear what you need is a licensed real estate Agent/Broker. A REALTOR is a licensed real estate professional who is a member of The National Association of REALTORS. Beneath NAR, you have the state association board, and beneath them you have the local association board (although, I do not know if every locality has a board). The difference between a REALTOR and a licensed real estate professional (whos not in any Association) is that a REALTOR is held to a higher standard on ethical practices and can be held liable by the board and face fines. Get a REALTOR who specializes with buyers. They have the Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) designation, I'll link address below. Also, some places require the presence of real estate attorney regardless if there is an agent involved.
Remember buying a house is an expensive and delicate process. Like I tell my clients, if you was to get open heart surgery, do you really want to get operated by the part-time low-budget surgeon? There are costs to ensuring you are getting a clean title to the property, and you are getting a structually sound property, with solid plumbing and electricity... in the end, even if you spent all that money and still didnt buy the house, you still win because you dont get stuck with the "Money Pit".
Real Estate is just one of those businesses where the more money you spend prior to executing a contract, the more money you will save after the signing.
0 votes
daniel besug…, Agent, bronx, NY
Thu Mar 24, 2011
I do not agree with some of you if the seller showed the property to the buyer and the buyer doesn't have a realtor..... the question was very clear to me......... the seller doesn't always pay the commission especially in a buyer agency disclosiure so please use a realtor first. but in this case......... just hire and pay the commission to the buyer. if the seller showed you the property the seller doesn't have to pay a commission to a realtor anymore. it is up to you...... better yet hire me for the job i can negotiate better for you..... visit me at http://www.bronxpri.com for more info. lol lol lol
0 votes
daniel besug…, Agent, bronx, NY
Thu Mar 24, 2011
use a realtor and pay the commission to the realtor he will make sure that everything is done properly and will informe you of everything you need step by step. he will also recommend you an attorney that is very qualified in real estate transactions. the realtor will also advise you if the price is rite so please always use a realtor.
Web Reference:  http://www.bronxpri.com
0 votes
Craig Pattbe…, , Midvale, UT
Fri Mar 18, 2011

Find a great agent. See website below. You can use their tools or have them set up a few appointments for you with 'screened' agents.

We usually spend more time thinking about our vacations than we do about protecting ourselves with our biggest single investment.

I taught for sale by owners how to do this for 5 years in local school district adult education class.

Remember this if nothing else. He who controls and understands the paperwork is in the driver's seat!
Web Reference:  http://savvyagents.com/
0 votes
Mildred Vale…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Wed Mar 16, 2011
I agree with Fred.

Hire a Realtor. It won't cost you a thing. The Realtor commissions are paid by the seller and the Realtor is looking out for your best interest at All times.

Millie from Exit
0 votes
Kim Sellers, , Lake Arrowhead, CA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
0 votes
Fred Bermens…, , Idaho Falls, ID
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Hire a Realtor. It won't cost you a thing. The Realtor commissions are paid by the seller. It will be smooth sailing from there.
0 votes
1 2
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more